Marcus Is The Best Young QB In The Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Eh I think two things created that last play. MM8 as most young QBs have to develop better pocket awareness. More importantly, even though the OL has been better, they lost Quinton Spain that game and it showed in a big way. The Colts Defender bull rushed past both the LG and C. That just SHOULD NEVER happen, but it did. So yes whereas I agree MM8 was at fault, he wasn't the sole cause of that play either.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Well umm...imagine what Belichick can do with any player? How many garbage players have we seen him build up to look like pro-bowlers? Not saying I disagree with you, but just saying Belichick is the UNICORN of head coaches, comparing any other coach to him just isn't fair lol.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

Marcus is a good guy...... He does not treat others any way he would not want to be treated himself. I do not know why anyone would be concerned about him patting the head of an opponent. It's not like he is rooting for them. He is simply being a good person. Last year when he was asked why he was not more emotional or openly celebrating big plays; he said, "My dad told me to act like I have been here before." I think that speaks to his up-bringing. I don't think it makes him less of a competitor, less of a leader, or less of a man. I think it points far more in the other direction. He has a tendency to do the right thing. That is something that is VERY rare these days. To be a genuine good person; you just do not see it much. Especially when you are talking about millionaires paid to play a game.

Marcus may not have the flare of Winston. He may not have the loud mouth of Rivers or any other QB. However, I have yet to hear one player on his team that does not 100% believe in him. I have yet to hear 1 less than positive thing about the guy from anyone. I know he is not perfect. I do not for a second think he is at all. I do think he is a good person & a great QB.

I think the Titans are very blessed to have Marcus leading this team. He is going to have bad games. He has things he needs to clean up. Fumbles & INTs for sure. However, to be an young as he is in the sport; his future sure looks bright to me. I have a lot more faith in him than any QB we have had in the past decade. Maybe some have forgotten what it was like to watch Mett lead this team...... Marcus has done a lot & been impressive with little talent around him. For those comparing Prescott's start......come on...... The Cowboys are far & away more talent rich. Start Marcus on that team & we are in the playoff Rookie year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Sorry I should have said imagine what a coach who knows how to develop qbs would do with Mariota .

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Your worship is interesting.

He has the 2nd best O line in football. He has an all pro at TE. He has the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL. He has another Heisman winner also. We keep extra people in to block for him. Receivers have made incredible catches for him. We have a future HOF receiver, and a good playmaker WR in KW. They have dropped a total of one pass between all of them this year. This is "little talent"? If he wants to go around and pat heads and butts on OUR team have at it. Leave the other team alone. We are trying to beat them. He can bond with them after the game.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Well...I cannot believe a man at your age living in the south no less could be this be ignorant on the subject...

Don't SPEAK. You're not going to salvage it.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The only people that are ignorant are those that believe in imaginary things. Speaking of, my humor is way above your ability to comprehend. Just sit back and watch. It's really best for you. I am still wondering what my age and location have to do with anything.

#47 GrayGhost1951, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. meekmode

meekmode Starter

maybe your humor is imaginary and you just called yourself ignorant?

Michaeljackson.gif

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I remember when this forum used to be about football. Wait, no I don't...

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I remember when the franchise used to be about football........

But we're pulling up out of the mud I think. A lot of residual frustration is still percolating to the surface. It will clear when the team performs more consistently. And the front office continues to not be eat up with the dumb azz.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar