Marcus isn't an NFL QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

This was a game against a team ready to compete for the Superbowl.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

And we... are not.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

I don't see how them being a Super Bowl contender makes up for his poor performance

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Marcus is too mechanical (and when you are mechanical) it makes you predictable.

When he gets under duress (or the play breaks down) he is trying to make the "right" play, I don't see any magic like the great ones had (elway, mcnair, farve).

We might need to draft a qb next year.

• Bullsh*t x 4
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL x 1
    • WTF?! x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
    • Troll x 1
  5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Please delete your account.

• High Five High Five x 8
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Plus I still think that we need a new head coach. Maybe the plan is to just let Mularkey bomb this year, get another year with a bunch of high pick, get a real head coach and be ready to compete next year? There's no way we were going from dead last to anything serious this year anyway.

7. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I'd like to see the Titans do more uptempo with Mariota. He seems to do better when they do. And today I thought it was very strange that they didn't target Walker until the very end of the game after the outcome was already decided.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

When we were running the ball, there was little pressure on MM, but when we quit, then they came after him, causing all sorts of problems. When it became apparent that MM was not going to throw the ball downfield, they loaded up and came after him, causing turnovers. Our vast majority of passes are 10 yards or shorter. Easy to keep 9 near the box and even cheat safeties up. They took away Walker, and then Sharpe. MM was done. I want to like him, but I rarely saw him go through any progressions of reads downfield. Just stared down people. I am surprised by his second year he is still doing this. When he stands in the pocket he rarely throws a downfield strike. This "backyard" football needs to come to an end.

9. bupac

bupac Starter

:biglaugh:

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

1st Half he played good. 2nd half was a complete melt down. He'll learn and improve. Ridiculous to say he doesn't belong, just stupid

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar