Marcus loses game once again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Well, that tends to happen when you are in the bottom 3 for multiple seasons. What gets me is those who want to act like we are world beaters after one or two wins.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

It's not that anyone said they are world beaters.

It's the fact that there are tools on this team where you can put together a game plan, and compete.

We lost this game because the team wasn't prepared, there were illogical play calls at illogical times , and our "franchise qb" generally seemed as though he'd rather be anywhere else than on the field for the majority of the game.

A team with every excuse available to have an off game came into our house, smacked us around and all we did was let it happen. it was astonishing how weak our team looked getting out worked all day. guys getting carted off left and right

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The entire game was frustrating to watch from the botched extra point to the end. This team was not prepared to play and it showed especially on the onside kick. There can be a lot of blame to go around and it starts with the head coach. MM#8 didn't look right out there today. He was not confident and i am very interested to see how this team along with MM#8 responds on a short week. This win would have been huge for us but again we are on the outside looking in.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Tbone

Tbone Special Teams Standout

Special teams and a horrible secondary lost this game not Mariota.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Uhhh? Marcus and crew gave us the lead with just a few minutes left. All our defense had to do was not allow a TD and we most likely win the game. Yes Marcus wasn't perfect, but he's averaging 1 turnover per game. I'll take that for a qb with less than 20 games any day. This loss is the on the defense letting every single qb throw for 300-400 yards. Stop being reactionary.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Yet another stupid thread... all Marcus fault. 1. The defense didn't show up today now did they? 2. The special teams isn't so special, now are they? 3. ONLY stupid people can't understand how a young qb is going to struggle. 4. ONLY stupid people disappear when he has good games and show up to boast how they were "right" when he struggles.

5-6 win team as a whole... that hasn't changed in my mind, and NO it isn't all going to be on Marcus. He was 5-5 47yds and a TD on his first drive. He led a scoring drive right before half. He put us up 23-20... then the defense left the field early and YES made a mistake... losing the game is NOT all on him so knock off this BS, please.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Marcus was not the sole reason we lost this game but he was certainly a major contributing factor in today's failure. I like Marcus but his tendency to look completely overwhelmed is starting to irritate me. There are long stretches of time where he does not look like an NFL quality QB and they happen far to often not to raise red flags IMO.

That being said we need to stick it out with him for another year or two at least and try to put pieces in place to help him be successful. Fortunately everything that helps Marcus will help the next guy if he continues to fail.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

ok people..

f'ing stop using this line. pretty soon it's gonna be "well he's only got 50 starts.."

just stop

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yet people act like we should be an elite team this year. We are coming off two years of being the worst team in the entire NFL. What did people expect this year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar