Marcus Mariota Has Star Potential, but Titans Must Be Patient.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

And it's not like they passed on generational talents or anything. I mean that Watt guy is garbage, so glad we got to enjoy 4 years of Locker before he retired. LW will suck for the Jets I'm sure.....

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Its funny, when we tried to compare college stats for both players you said you cant because Mett is in the NFL, but you want to compare college stats to NFL stats? And at the same time, that sack percentage is misleading since it doesn't take into account the plays where he scrambles away from pressure and runs, so the % of times they are sacked when pressured is not correct for Mariota. So that is misleading to say the least. Why don't you look at Mett's stats his last year of college and compare them to Mariota and tell me who is better?

You keep claiming Mariota's completion percentage dropped 20% in the RZ even though it really dropped 14% while Mett's his last year in college dropped 19.4% but you seem to think he's vastly better than Mariota and Mett's completion % in the rz was something like 46% in college...BELOW 50% and he's not much threat to run so...not good!

I'm much more interested in Mariota's overall effectiveness than ONLY passing stats. If he gets us 20-25 TD's and 10-15 turnovers, we are ahead of the game. Heck, Mett had more turnovers than TD's in his 6 starts...which isn't good.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

you are right gut......metts number is waaaaaay more impressive since hes in the nfl. and a "statue". thank you.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok so wtf is up with Mariota fumbling the ball so much yesterday?

It wasn't just him either, I watched several QB's have trouble holding on to the footballs in yesterdays action.... Did that deflate gate thing spark over inflated balls? cause an over inflated ball would explain this..

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's what he does.

27 fumbles in 41 games at Oregon.

I know this play didn't officially happen because of the delay of game, but this can't happen. Bumping into a lineman can't cause a fumble.

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Oh my gawd, why are we still arguing about Mett? MM8 had a bad game, which we expect, but he will learn and improve. The team is 1-1. Absolutely no QB controversy. Someone think Mett would have done better yesterday? I don't think so, the line did not hold up and played terrible. Again, why we talking about Mett.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

I was really worried for him on some of those bobbles/fumbles, but like I said a lot of QB's are having the same problem, seems like an excessive number of loose balls are showing up in games this year...

8. JCBRAVE

check the dates on all those posts

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Ah I see, dumb of me...lol

10. JCBRAVE

I was thinking of making a new thread addressing the poor handling of the footballs but then saw this was already a thread my topic fit into

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar