Marcus Mariota is Named AFC Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

How many games has Gurley played in, he was injured begining of the season? It will be a good race for ROY but I agree whoever stays healthy wwill win. Gurley is a beast

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Have you seen what Gurley has been doing?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Doubtful... Most years he'd have it locked down.

This year he has Gurley and Cooper to beat out... And it's gonna be Gurley unless he gets hurt.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If MM breaks the rookie passing TD record, then he should win it for sure.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well, Assuming that they both stay on the same pace that they currently are on (thats a big assumption, but all we can really go off of for now) this is how they would look at the end of the year:

Mariota - 3756 yards, 30 TDs (*missed 2 games)

Gurley - 1712 yds, 10TDs (*missed 2 games)

Cooper - 1306yds , 8 TDs

That's a tough call. Overall yardage wise, I would say Gurley is more impressive with respect to his position. But TDs wise, MM looks more impressive with respect to position. While it is still quite impressive for Cooper, I think he is a distant 3rd here. (ODB won with similar stats to Cooper last year ... but he did that in only 12 games)

6. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

If Gurley hits 1700 yards and 10 tds he is rookie of the year. Heck, if he hits close to 1800 yards and the Rams make the playoffs that might be dang near MVP consideration.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

He's a RB, that's amateur hour compared to playing Quarterback.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well sure, but he's absolutely dominating that position. If he hadn't missed the first few weeks he'd be running away with the league rushing title.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think the league wants to give that award to a QB whenever that can. But up to this point, I just don't see how it's anyone other than Gurley.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

And if MM hadn't missed 2 games his overall numbers would be much better. The typical fan and sports media are always going to give the nod to the Quarterback anyway. Even if that weren't the case, MM wins out in a popularity contest. Unfortunately these kind of awards always seem to end being a popularity contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar