Marcus Mariota Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

One thing that Whiz has said multiple times in interviews is that the biggest part of big a QB is being able to make quick decisions. I think this is what the Titans will spend more time on than anything. Does Mariotta have it between the ears enough to make those decisions?

I really have no concern whether Mariotta can learn to take a snap from under center and learn the proper footwork for all the drops. He is a great athlete and will have no problem with those things.

His arm is strong so he can make the throws, but can he read the defense well enough to anticipate where to throw the ball. That is the big question and we don't have tape of him doing that in college because of the style of offense they ran.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Anyone else think the real reason Whisenhunt and Webster went to this pro day was to gage interest in a trade? Any team interested in trading for Mariota would have been there.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think regardless of actual interest they had to be there for that reason and to put on the show that they are considering drafting him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar