Marcus Mariota Through 20 Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by UnknownHinson, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No doubt. And he appears to have the mental capacity and desire to improve. The kid just turned 23 and has already shown he can play at a high level.

20 games just isn't enough to determine what he'll become. IMO, both those who think he'll end up a top 10 QB in the league and those who think he'll bust are just going to have to wait and see because he's not going anywhere until 2020, at the earliest.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You are childish in saying someone with all his accomplishments is an average QB. He gave us a breath of life here for one year, way past his prime. Even the VY hangers had to admit he did a good job. I have no idea why you have such an agenda against him. Yes, he was an alcoholic for a while. Farve was hooked on painkillers. Not the first time someone in contact sports got hooked on something to relieve pain. I just see no sense in bashing the guy and praising MM when he hasn't accomplished 1/20th of what Collins has done. Using the tired old KFC is very childish. You know more about football than to do something silly like that. Act it.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Lol...it's my opinion, not sure what you're problem is with that.
    I don't have an agenda against him, I don't/didn't like him as a QB. I didn't like Favre either. I didn't come up with KFC so obviously others have the same view.

But like I said if you liked him, great, I didn't.

VY gave us a breath of life as well when Collins failed.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Collins actually came in when VY went mental. We went 13-3 after that.

Here is his net worth. Not bad for an "average" QB.

• Born: December 30, 1972 (age 43), Lebanon

• Nationality: American
    • Height: 6'6" (1.96m)
    • Net worth: $39,500,000

5. Carp

Carp Starter

Who were the great defenses these other guys were playing against? I don't know either, but I'm not making presumptions about Mariota.

What we do know is that his career numbers so far stands up well against any of his peers.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

I said mostly talentless before this season. And this season he still doesn't have a number one receiver to throw to.

7. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Trent Dilfer was absolutely ****ing terrible. Yeah, that 12-11 TD-INT ratio was super effective!

Trying to argue that Collins was anything better than average, even at his best, is almost as idiotic. Do you enjoy embarrassing yourself?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

For the past several weeks I have been telling friends and people I come across, that are big football fans, that there are Titans fans who want to dump Mariota. All I tell are shocked lol.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I know! The Chargers practice squad players in the section I was sitting in were all commenting how good he is or will be elite. I don't understand all the x and o of plays but they were telling me how they can see him reading the field and looking off their DBs on certain plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar