Margus Hunt

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Had no idea. I had never heard of him before the NFL season ended and we approached the combine.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If it hasn't for all the hype and the possibility of him going in the second round I would love him on this team. He had a crazy amount of blocked kicks in college. We need difference makers (turnovers) like that on our team, even if its just special teams.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That's the one stat everyone has been throwing out there when mentioning him (I think it was 16 or 17) and I wouldn't mind taking him but he's going to be 26 when the season starts and if he was one of those guys you can count on to contribute right away then I could be persuaded to go that way but he's a bit of a project and at that age is it really worth it? I say no. If he was younger I would be more for it.

4. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd. Actually would make a better 3-tech DT since he played 3-4 DE in college and would probably honestly be better at 3-tech than anyone we have to play the position. Would be better at DT since he can use his quickness, strength, and speed along with the first step to apply pressure up the middle. It would be similar to using the same technique for him getting penetration to block the kicks he did in college. With his height he can swim move easily and also obstruct the passing lanes and QB vision. I could see him getting holding penalties called and would allow us to do some things similar to when KVB and Haynesworth by moving Hunt to DE on a few plays just to change things up. Could be effective rushing as a 4-3 end on a few plays but I feel he would be more effective at DT.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Have you watched him play?

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Really wasnt too impressed watching this guys highlights

7. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

Yes I have. I watched his snaps on youtube and not just his highlights. Gives you a better knowledge of what they can do. Anyone can have a highlight reels but the potential capability is there. It is pretty much the same with anyone else. They will make some good plays and disappear on most others.

8. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

I'm thinking Michael Griffin had a record for blocked kicks at Texas. Griff finally got ONE this past year, and Im not sure I remember ever before then. Plus, looking at last year. We already took a freakish athelete, caucasian, SMU defensive end, 9 sack/season......That we...turned into....a Tight end??? Hmm maybe Hunt can be a TE too.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He entered the draft as a TE and it isn't like we drafted him early. We took a flyer on a TE with huge upside if he can put it together. You can't really blame us for trying and he has only been in the NFL for one season give him a chance. Look at the success some teams have had with raw athletic tight ends coming into the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

People who have a problem with the Taylor Thompson pick make no sense to me. It's not like we passed on some surefire starter for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar