Mario Kart (Wii)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yes, that's what it's called the Wii Balance Board
    WiiFit is simply the name of the game

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this kit is like $39
    has several of the more popular attachments
    and there's freaking 6 of them
    making them all less than $7 each
    not too shabby
    noone getting taken advantage of that I can see

[​IMG]

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8217113

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/browse.php?browse=18&cat=6

There's an extra $100+ plus on gaming peripherals alone without the other stuff, the Wheel and without WiiFit (which is $160 plus board).

Puts it over $500 if you include the WiiFit.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's irrelevant what I think of the Wii. The extra accessories make it expensive. It's fact and I proved it above.

What battle? The current gen in which no one considers it next-gen since the graphics are vaguely better than last gen?

There are like 7 Simpson games. There's about 70 Mario games.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Most of those things are things that most people don't buy. You can add on tons of random stuff for any system. Isn't it the 360 that you can buy in simpsons yellow? Most people don't get those peripherals, and they ones that are more popular aren't expensive.

Yes, if you buy every available add on, plus all of the extra games, you're going to spend over $500. But if you buy all of the games and accessories for a PS3 or 360, you're going to spend even more money.

And quit mentioning the wheel, it comes free with the game.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Simpsons Yellow is an actual 360 machine. Not another remote.

Like what? The only extra peripheral the PS3 has (memory here) is the EyeToy.

360 has a lot more extra stuff than the PS3.

None of it comes close to 7 controllers the Wii has.

Then substitute that for the WiiZappr or whatever.

7. GoTitans3801

http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/browse.php?browse=17&cat=6

Well Gunny, here's an extra $150 you can spend on accessories. It's the same thing as the wii. Some people will buy them, some won't. I'm sure most people don't want to pay an extra $110 for a special controller and docking station, but that's the same as all of the crazy accessories for the wii.

The point is, it's not "suckering in" people any more than the other systems do. And my point still stands that if it's worth it to the people, then they aren't being suckered.

http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/browse.php?browse=13&cat=6

At least on there, 360 has fewer accessories.

Few people go out and buy all of those things. Puck pointed out that if someone wanted to, they could get that bundle cheaply. But the same thing exists for 360 and PS3. If you want a crazy extra controller, you have to buy it, no matter which system you have. Wii gives you some of the extras (Wheel comes with kart, extra controller comes with sports mini games, etc...)

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ignoring the same thing sold in different colours, or cables that already come with the console, it doesn't come close to what the Wii sells.

360 and PS3 don't have extra crazy controllers either.

9. GoTitans3801

The point is that all of it is window dressing, you don't need any of the extra junk, but it's available for every system.

You can play the wii with just the controller and nunchuk, you don't have to buy any of the extra stuff. If you want to buy a particular extra, you can, but that's an individual choice and individuals will choose to buy what's worth it to them.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not available for every system. That is my point.

There is one PS3 controller and one 360 controller.

Not a nunchuck, a zapper, a wheel, a lightsabre, a remote and whatever else the Wii has. Whether or not it is optional, I am sure Nintendo don't advertise that fact, and to the casual gamer (and let's face it, a lot of Wii people are casual) it will seem necessary.
    It is how business works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar