Mario vs QBs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Are the Titans even concidering Mario with their #3 pick? There are other QBs out there other than the big 3.
    Brodie Croyle, Alabama
    Kellen Clemens, Oregon
    Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
    Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
    Is it possible that the Titans do a complete turn around like they did in 2005 and go after Mario instead of their 'smokescreen', then take one of these other QBs later in the draft?
    There are questions about the Big 3;
    Leinart, injuries? knees?
    Young, throwing motion?
    Cutler, small school? not tested?
    I haven't heard any questions about what Mario can do on the field. He's being compared to the best there ever was. Just doing some pre-draft thinking.:deadhorse

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I like the idea of getting mario and Omar Jacobs....

3. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

Me 2

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great idea...

But only if we can find a way to keep steve for 2 more years.

It also might mean trading la-boy for a draft pick.

Mario tested better at the combine than julius peppers. He ran a faster 40, jumped higher and had more reps. He also weighs about 10 lbs more. He is a monster no question and with KVB, haynesworth and starks our front 4 will be top notch and with the upgrade at linebacker and safety we can be really good on defense.

5. IMO, I think Mario will be taken by the Texans, if he isn't, he will be taken by NO, even with their strong DE's.

I don't think their will be another oppurtunity like this again for a long time, where their are 3 big name QB's to choose from that can lead their franchise for the next 10 years to glory.

Mario and Jacobs looks nice, but it won't happen, we will take Young, and everyone except RollTide, ewker and fitantitans will be happy!!!

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

The more and more I think about it, there is just no way that NO would take a DE with all of their current holes. Hawk or Ferguson would be a better pick for them imo.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

man i hope they take mario

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I hear all this talk about Young's upside... IMO.. young has already reached his potential and there isn't going to be much room for him to get better... Leinart would definintely be the best QB of the 3... hands down

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

No way do they take an OLB with the #2 pick. Recent history is against that and the last one was LaVar Arrington.

10. u forgot ewker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar