Mariota (and Winston) revisited

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Thats okay as long as hes still moving the ball instead of taking hits and throwing incomplete passes down the field when wrs are wide open

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Excuses. A qb shouldnt be worried about getting hit if he is then he's not gonna last long in this league

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

No excuses, let's see how he improves this season with hopefully a better line, DeMarco running and better targets at WR. I hope DGB is better and the addition of Mathews should help. As always, I'm not holding my breath for Hunter.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I would bet every moolah I have that the day Yoda feels comfortable in his protection, his accuracy skyrockets.

Not a real leap of faith there. I am sure that's pretty well common knowledge......... Elsewhere

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

In the plays shown in the video there is almost no pressure. He gets rid of the ball pretty quickly and the ball is just poorly located.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Small sample, but I don't think those were THAT far off. I think another season with the WR and development could make a noticeable change on those. A couple of the over throws I'd put on the WR too for letting up too soon.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Do you all remember how ****** Steve McNair was on the deep ball early in his career? It was not pretty at all. But with time, his accuracy improved. He was never great, but good enough. Mariota's arm is good engough--he can get it there. He just needs improvement on timing, accuracy, etc. It should improve with time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

You can find clips of Brady and Manning missing in deep throws too. Mariota's footwork needs some work on the longer throws and yes he does need to improve it, but I'm not gonna freak out about 7 passes out of his 370 attempts this season.

Im confident he will grow and figure it out. Although that was one reason why I didn't want Tennessee to draft him last year felt like his downfield accuracy wasn't that great, and when it was his WR were wide open downfield.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

As long as he over throws the guy- I don't mind. Taking shots - even when he can't hit the target does make the defense play differently

10. Meow

Meow Starter

The feeling I get with Marcus, after watching him for several years is that he has a very real sense of his own abilities and limitations. Every year he had something that he needed to improve and every year he improved it. I'm sure he's aware of what he needs to work on and willing and able to do it. That's the great thing about a QB with no ego. I have a feeling the improvement between year one and year two will be substantial

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar