Mariota (and Winston) revisited

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think it definitely was a rookie thing. But he als had some great games too with several NFL records. Much promise, just not there yet, which is to be expected from a rookie coming from a spread offense. His IQ is the difference maker here and I feel comfortable betting on his continued improvement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Which is better smart QB with a strong arm or smart QB with accuracy.

Can do just as much damage within 20 yards as you can with the occasional bomb.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

As long as the sticks move... I DO NOT CARE.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yes sir, 100% agree with you. That's like the MM8 vs #7 debate. While #7 does had a strong arm, the chains don't move and the balls sail over everyone like Uncle Rico throwing...

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

Michael Vick?!

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

I want the accurate guy. The nfl is such a fast game, that most qbs make thier money with passes under 20 yards. The strong armed inaccurate qbs never last in this league. Not saying that winston is inaccurate, just not as accurate as mm8.

7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Honestly, I'm not even making a big deal over it. Yes you want to be able to hit on the occasional deep ball, but most elite QBs in the NFL really demonstrate time and time again that the money ball is those intermediate balls between 10 and 15 yards. That happens to be where he's most accurate. As you said I'm sure he will grow and connect on the longer ball a bit more down stream, but right now the hardest ball to throw is over the LB but in front of the safety and he seems to have the ability to hit that ball more times than not. So I'm okay. I can wait until he develops a reliable deep ball. If it never comes to fruition then we just have to keep him throwing it because the threat of it is good enough to keep defenses from crowding the middle of the field.

However, to your point I do think improving the talent at WR would go a long way! That's why I'm totally on board if the Titans spend their first round pick this year on a WR and go after OT in the 2nd.

8. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

Are there any videos of him hitting the deep ball? I need an Anti-whateverthatwas, terrible shots down the field.

That said, his short to intermediate game is great! I'm confident he'll continue to improve.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Like the year we had Kerry Collins. He may not have been able to throw the ball over 8 yards, but he kept us moving down the field 8 yards at a time.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

He kind of kept the chains moving. He mainly did well because our d was keeping the opposing team off the field. Most of collins success that year was on the d, not him.

Which is why building a solid d is so important, starting this draft. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted an rt and used every other pick on d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar