Mariota best start for a rookie debut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

For those saying "Pump the Brakes....VY this, or Jake Locker that"....let's do a little review, shall we? VY was NOT a bust on the field. The man WON A LOT OF GAMES here. VY Critics love to leave that part out. He created his own exit out of town because he blew up in front of the staff and team. If he was as smart and humble as Mariota is, he'd still be playing here and winning games.

Locker had the talent to be a solid franchise QB. He flashed that a number of times. But he was apparently very fragile. So, when you try to make comparisons to these 2 QB's and Mariota, it's bogus....they had the talent to be our franchise QB's still. It was for odd reasons, unrelated to their talent, that they are not.

The one thing we do know is that EVERY QB is a different individual case...so, you can't compare Mettenberger to other pocket passing busts. Nor, is it plausible to compare Mariota to RGIII or Manziel....simply because they share the ability to run with the ball.

I had to keep reminding the "Give Mett a chance" crowd, before the draft, that Mariota won the Heisman NOT because he ran for a bunch of yards...but because he PASSED for a bunch of yards. Was the most efficient passer in the nation, and had the 2nd most PASSING yardage. You don't get those kind of stats if you're just running some gimmicky read-option offense.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

@TitanUpB4UGO I'm going to have to disagree with your assumption that Locker had the talent to be our franchise QB. He was too inaccurate to get the job done, plain and simple. We could have used him for a few more years and inevitably I think would have just had to let him go.

The injuries were definitely his undoing but last year (when he wasn't hurt) it was starting to become obvious that he just wasn't NFL-caliber.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I thought about this yesterday. Not only will having a good offense help the defense on game day by staying on the field more than 15mins a game like last season, but it also helps in practice where they're seeing an accurate, fast paced attack for the first time.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Yeah, I would think it would really help both sides.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

WARNING: Do NOT get too emotionally attached to this franchise - Mariota is one thing but they still need a lot of help - we all know the pain of cheering for the Titans but it finally looks like the tides could be slowly changing for the better

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

This is true glad someone said it - sports radio were just discussing this as well - he looked pretty comfortable back there and didn't need to run to showcase his skills

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

to all new titans fans.

when we win the superbowl with rufio you must punch your nut sack 20 times before you can celebrate...if you wanna know what us long time fans have felt.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

More than that lol

Nut shot for each loss that should have been a win since 99

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

lol we're 1-0

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

VY was terrible. He got carried by a stud D and O-line. I can count on my hand how many games he "won", the rest his goal was just "try not to f*** it up too badly... If you manage 17 points theres a good chance we will win". Like I give him the Houston game rookie year, maybe the cardinals comeback (lucky tip but whatevs). Otherwise completely held our team back.

Why did he never do anything after Tennessee if he was so good? Dumb.

Locker was bad too. He didn't have a shot at being franchise QB either (but more then VY i guess). Like even if he wasn't injured 24/7 I don't think he would have worked out, hard to tell though. Atleast he was mentally stable unlike VY.

#90 rekirts, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar