Mariota bets

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 520, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I'm willing to make multiple bets that if mariotas on the board we pass him.
    Now a trade I guess would negate the bets...unless we trade back a few spots mariotas still on The board and we pass him then.

Sig/avatar/moolah. You name it.

Where you at @VondyP

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Since when did this become a "Bold Prediction"?! I think many of us believe they will pass on him. He doesn't fit Whiz system at all....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 520

Well I got the idea because @VondyP said in a thread he bets he'd take us...
    And I know @Scarecrow and @Tennessy XO have said wed take him...

I don't think this is a bold prediction...me predicting him falling out of top ten is a bold prediction. I'd bet on that but....you can't always trust other people to be as smart as you are.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am sure that they will feel a lot of pressure to get a franchise QB, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pass up on Mariota as well. I honestly think from a raw talent standpoint that they would lean towards Winston, but his off field stuff will worry them. He will likely go to TB as well. As for smarts, that's debatable. It's WAY too early to be throwing out predictions. It's a crap shoot until after the combine.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

If Chip Kelly is really going to sell the farm for him like all these reports are saying, I'd expect us to trade down and let Chip take him. Also there is the large possibility that the Buccaneers take him, since they've already said they need to address the QB position first.

If neither of these happen I think we would take him, the front office is dying to make the team relevant again and snagging a heisman winning QB would do just that, whether we end up being any good or not. Mett wasn't terrible last season but he still didn't get even a single win, and Whiz fancies himself a QB guru so even if Mariota is a little out of his style, he probably thinks he can mold him.

But with all these Chip Kelly reports coming out I'd prefer the trade.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bryce Petty is on Whisenhunts Senior Bowl team, watch that be our QB (not at 2). He's big, physical and loves throwing down field, its a good marriage. If we pass on Mariota it wont shock anyone, as other stated, doesn't fit what Whiz wants.

And as we all know too well, if youre not a Whiz guy, you dont play.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Mel Kiper will be surprised.

8. 520

OK then @VondyP if he's on the board and no trade back I bet you we pass on him. How confident are you? Sig bet? Moolah? Avatar?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kiper is a charade, I dont know how he keeps his job, so many more qualified guys doing what he does.

The guy I suggest people look to for draft info is Greg Cosell, that guy watches 20 hours of football a day, IDK what Kiper does all day but it isn't watching football.

10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Maybe a sig bet, I'm not willing to give up my OSU duck hunting avatar.. but I'd like a little more time to see how this offseason goes. It's pretty early to put my official bets in. FA isn't even here yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar