Mariota Could Be Just As Good Or Better Than Newton And Wilson (Been In Last 3 SB)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

A good Secondary and Oline plus a decent RB would transform this team.

There were plenty of times last season that the D held up and gave the offense chance after chance and they couldn't capitalize. A lot of that I attribute to the Oline, as there was no threat of run and there wasn't a huge need to blitz the porous blocking for Mariota leaving receivers covered.

RB played a role as none of the RBs stepped up or really had a chance to. Andrews did OK as the lead guy late in the year...but again, better run blocking would have helped but he's not a lead back on most teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

Note that these sb teams both have patchwork olines, with apparently great coaching. No matter who fills in they do well, hell most of the best teams in the league have oline "issues". The one thing they all do have is a good qb and a good d. We have a potentially good qb, but our d stinks. We have to improve our secondary in a bad way. I honestly don't see how any fan could be happy with anything but a top notch db in the first round. Ramsey is my top choice, but with a trade back I'd still be happy with vh3 or alexander.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The good thing about being so bad and having so many holes, is that literally an upgrade at ANY position will help Mariota out.

4. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

Yeah I don't know about that "best since Luck" talk.

There were a ton of naysayers and "pundits" putting Mariota down. It used to piss me off a but ah... I knew he'd come out and show promise. Came out better than I thought tho I must admit.

Nevertheless, good points on the draft. I too was salivating at the thought of Tunsil on the left and Lewan on the right but more and more I want to go defense and build around the running game. I mean GOOD LORD Mariota did well against the blitz and in the redzone. Give the man a running game and the team can capitalize on what MM8 is good at.

5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

he is the only qb to ever throw a pass while one side of the stadium was cloudy and the other side had sun peeking through at the exact same moment a satellite was orbiting over the field during an eclipse that was happening on Pluto.....

some of the most obscure records ever but ok.... now we just need to turn those into wins.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Agree on the defense, their 4th quarter meltdowns this season cost us 4 games alone. I would love to get Elliot if he's available in the 2nd round.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

No doubt the sky is the limit for Mariota.. Could be the best QB in the NFL.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Which is one more than we used to have...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

It's also the biggest piece.

10. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

It's official..... best ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar