Mariota on contract talks and his future in TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Possible. First he has to make it through the season uninjured and make it to the playoffs. We have the talent to be a playoff team.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?

Peyton mannning didn't even sniff free agency until he missed the entire year due to disc fusion surgery after his 13th year in the league. Brett Favre was traded to the Packers for a bag of chips and didn't start until his 4th year in the NFL. Drew Brees walked because his own team drafted and traded for his replacement(Phillip Rivers).

How do those guys fit the criteria I listed? I asked about any good/franchise QBs drafted by their current/only team to reach free agency once their rookie deal ends?

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Probably the CTE

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Also, you are all missing a key point. With those three there were replacements which, in two of those situations, were much younger.

Which is why those teams let those guys go.

Bottom line, teams do not let franchise QBs go without having a viable, or preferable, alternative.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not disagreeing

But JW asked a question so I answered

7. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Just as long as he does not get hurt and how he can lead the Titans to the playoffs. Think he will have a deal in place.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He signed with NO over Miami in FA didn't he?

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I personally think Mariota wants to be here, especially now since they see we're surrounding him with pieces.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

If I recall correctly, the fins signed culpepper first, and then the saints signed Brees. But yes, he was a FA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar