Mariota, The Savior

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 8and8, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm slightly pissed we burned two games on that guy, but in the end he canned the Whiz, so job well done

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well starter was hurt so

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

That's right.

Mett sacrificed himself in Houston to get Whiz fired. We shall be forever thankful.

#Mettsiah

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 6
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

h
    him or the booger he's chewing on? lol nah i'm kidding, i like Mett!!!!!! TitanUp

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Fixed it for you

7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yeah he looks bummed knowing he won't ever be the guy. I do like him but not as the QB.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What does he have to be bummed about?

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Honestly, we should love Mett. If it wasn't for him, the Titans may not have even been in the spot to draft Mariota.

Also Clipboard Jesus is the best, his celebration with Mariota was hilarious.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Welll he did have a chance to become 1 of the 32 NFL starting QB's and blew it 8 different times... None of these guys are happy just to be here and not get to play.

I mean look at his situation since coming into the league...

Draft stock plummets due to off the field activity.
    Ends up getting drafted after all but 4-5 rounds later than he would have assumed.
    Starts his career as a 3rd stringer. Then finds his way onto the field due to poor play and injuries to the QB's ahead of him. So suddenly his dream came alive like he probably expected. I mean personally if Im Mett and I see Jake Locker and Charlie Whitehurst and the competition, Im liking my odds of playing.

Then a week into starting he loses. Two weeks in, another loss. 3 weeks, another loss but had his moments in a close game where people are suddenly saying this kid has "it" because he hung up some nice throws vs the Steelers. His head was gassed up tremendously after that outing, he was flying high as he could of... Then the 4th loss came and its like uh-oh.... So from then on he had to prove the haters wrong. And he hasnt, he has to be pissed how this has all unfolded.

The franchise gave up on him when they picked Mariota. According to many we were going to trade back and collect picks that could be used to surround METT with help... For months and months he was under the impression he was THE GUY. Then come Mariota and you know the rest.

Absurd trade rumors were squandered when he finally got his shot again and lost in back to back games. He's at his lowest point and it showed when he was the one guy not going nuts after the Saints win....

Wow that is way more than I wanted to write about our backup QB lucky to have an NFL job today... But thats what I think he has to be bummed about...

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar