Mariota to play lighter(215lbs) despite the coaching staff wanting him heavier(225lbs)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Didn't we have a discussion about fatty Kendall Wright bouncing between weights for durability/explosion advantages?

So he drops weight to get back some quickness, immediately hits the shelf with hamstring/groin strains(muscle tears) and has his worst year as a football player.

There's something to be said about purposes of ideal playing weight. You don't want guys fat or too light, and it has to do with their frame. Mariflota can afford to carry an additional 10-15lbs on his frame because he's lanky and has twigs for legs.

The .03 he'll gain in speed is not worth the added damage his body will take due to less protective tissue. This is a long term thing we are talking about, he should be building his foundational frame for the long game so that hopefully he can play an entire season.

If he goes into camp at 215, he'll be 205-7 by the first preseason game, that is way too light!

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Mariotas trainer probably completely overlooked that, if only they knew as much as you about physical conditioning. How are you not employed by elite athletes to share your knowledge??

• LOL LOL x 8
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Go read a study on muscle breakdown and creatinine levels of collegiate/professional football and basketball players and try to expand on your thesis that playing a season at that level doesn't tear your body to shreds, nutritional advantages even in tow.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

They play 16 games, 20 if you count preseason. Again, you act like they are running marathons or something. LOL

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Just personal experience my friend, I've had over 20 former teammates and friends play in the NFL.

Don't cry when golden boy goes down again

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just talking out of your ass, like usual.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/inseasontraining.html

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

I've had 21 personal nfl friends and teammates and I study sports science in my Bugatti. I also eat dinner with MM regularly and I'll remember to bring this up next week to make sure he's informed on his physicality by such an expert.

• LOL LOL x 6
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Big TT

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Well, you're more than welcomed to be wrong.

10. Big TT

I thought I was wrong once.....turned out I was mistaken. LOL So, in all seriousness, are you saying that NFL/NBA players work SO hard that they can't maintain and rebuild their bodies, excluding, again the actual PHYSICAL bashing they take, with all the team support in the way of nutrition and workouts?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar