Mariota vs. Leonard Williams vs. Trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Mar 22, 2015.
  1. Trade Down

24.6%
  2. Leonard Williams

53.6%
  3. Marcus Mariota

21.7%
  4. Draft other (post player in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I'm not saying that imo picking fowler would be best although I don't think it would be a bad choice at all. My reasoning for saying the pick wouldn't surprise me is based off the info I could gather. At this point nobody knows anything for a fact.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Picking Fowler at 2 would certainly piss the Jags off...

3. Carp

Carp Starter

I don't see us doing a straight up swap. As good as Rivers is, he has only 1 yr of control. I don't see the FO gambling the no. 2 overall pick straight up with a player that might leave in 9 months from the draft.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

1427782589353.jpg

5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I think it would catch those teams off-guard and they would only have about 10min to make such a trade. Even if some team was able to jump up there that quickly, we could just take Amari Cooper there...because we need an impact WR anyway. And take Hundley in the 2nd or Petty in the 3rd

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm sure any such trade would involve talks about an extension or new contract. I suspect part of the reason Rivers didn't sign an extension of his contract is that he knew he could earn more if he had a season where they reached the playoff, and wanted to give himself another year to put himself in a better bargaining position. The LA talk is fluff IMHO.

#356 TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Peyton Manning was the consensus No.1 draft pick when he finished his Junior year, but you can watch a handful of his games, as a Senior, where he isn't necessarily having a good day at the office. Especially against his constant nemesis, Florida. So, I don't let a few throws botch my overall evaluation. With a 68% completion percentage, 3rd highest passing (yds) total in the NCAA, and an unreal TD-INT ratio...he's miles ahead of where both Locker and Mettenberger were in college.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm fine with Mariota being the pick if the FO thinks he's a franchise QB, I'd prefer Williams but I'll be disappointed if they trade the #2 straight up for Rivers and not get him long term. I'm ok with trading down if we get players that help this team win.

9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Yeah...I don't see how any team could trade a pick that high in a draft for a QB on the last year of his contract (who said he's not signing an extension until he's played out his contract)...he's basically one season away from being a free agent and SD has very little leverage.

What I think the staff is doing is standing pat on Rivers + their #17, if not more. I also think SD had better make up their mind and make the deal sooner rather than later, because the close we get to the draft, the bigger/bolder the trade offers.

If I'm Cleveland, I would offer both 1st Rd picks + Manziel (let him be someone else's headache). I think that situation could work for us, because Manziel HAS marquee QB potential. I saw him do some amazing stuff in college, and merely think he just has to get his butt in gear, off the field (stop the whole partying all the time and focus on his profession), and then get acclimated to the speed of the NFL. Once he does that, I honestly think a lot of haters/doubters are going to be eating some crow.

Let him compete with Mettenberger, and then draft Petty in the 3rd or 4th Rd. I could be happy with those 3 duking it out for the starting spot.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm ok with #17, Rivers and picks for #2. Not sure your Manziel comments will go over well here though lol
    I thought TB might deal the #1 for Manziel, #12 and #19. A Manziel and Evans reunion makes more sense than Manziel here.
    Not sure why TB is dealing Glennon...they only have him and Lobato on the roster. Maybe get extra 1st's and have Manziel and a rookie (pick from Glennon trade) battle it out??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar