Mariota vs. Leonard Williams vs. Trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Mar 22, 2015.
  1. Trade Down

24.6%
  2. Leonard Williams

53.6%
  3. Marcus Mariota

21.7%
  4. Draft other (post player in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So if we draft Mariota, that wipes out any chance we draft a 1st round QB next year right? I mean, it's great in theory to say keep drafting QBs in the first until you get a good one but no GM is going to do that continually.

I don't want to go through another 3-5 year QB period where we keep hoping the guy we drafted will become the guy. I have no faith we would quickly spend another high pick (or free agent signing) to compete and go all in on the position..

That is a big reason I want us to draft Leonard Williams and go ahead and fix some of the rest of the team first. That and I'm just a Mariota doubter.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

What if winston is on the board.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If that is the case, I hope we will be able to pull of a BIG trade. I think there are teams that love to have him.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I know that every mock draft on the earth has us going LW, but I just don't see it happening. I think they go Mariota or Winston or trade back. Whiz job is on the line, and they have nobody behind a question mark in Mett. I like Williams and he is clearly BPA, but he won't have the impact on the fan base, whiz, or team as a whole. Not to mention, they added many defensive pieces already.

5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

That's an awful choice. A lot of QB take more than one year to fully develop. Look at Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning and just about every other qb. You cant do that every year. Taking a QB high just to take one is dumb. Look at history. You need to draft a qb who fits your offense and develop them. That's Mettenberger and Mariota does not fit the system. They cant take him just to take him. Its Williams or trade back.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

They do not care about what a pick does for a fan base, they make a pick to help them win games. Leonard Williams will help this team win more games this year than Mariota. I doubt he even beats out Mettenberger this year. He needs a lot of time to develop his accuracy and down field vision. He has neither right now. He just does not fit what Whiz wants to do, itll be a wasted pick. Williams can turn this D from good to very good. That's worth the pick, not Mariota

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Relax...I am not on the Mariota band wagon, but don't for a second buy the hype that the front office is in agreement with us, or smart enough to view it that way. Mock drafts are crap too....They are VERY thin at the position, and nobody very good available via FA.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wouldn't be pissed at this, get an elite target for Mettenberger. White has potential to be the best receiver in the league. Still, would prefer Leonard Williams.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. titansrush

titansrush Special Teams Standout

Stop the bullshiet. MM is accurate. All you needed to say was, he doesn't fit what Whiz wants to do. /thread

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised if they go this route IF they are truly 100% into Mett...(Which I think they believe in him, but not 100% all in) Cooper and White are both sitting there and are #1 receivers...Something we clearly do not have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar