Mariota vs Other Top Young QBs (Year 2)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Last night in shout box, I asked "What other Young QB is so much better than MM?" The responses I got were:

Luck
    Newton
    Dalton
    Carr

Not surprised at the answers, these are generally considered the next wave of QBs after the Luck/Brady/Brees era.

But lets look at how MM in year 2 compares to these other young QBs in year 2.

Capture.PNG

MM is on pace with every single one of these guys.

He is young, he will make mistakes and I expect them to be cleaned up as he continues to grow ... but make no mistake about it, we have a really good young QB. This is no VY/Locker situation we are in right now.

• High Five High Five x 9
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I would have to throw Dak Prescott into the mix, but who would have ever called that before seeing Prescott do what he is doing...

Mariota has tons of potential, no doubt about that. But everyone has to be atleast a little scared of whether he can shake the "choke like" turnovers. I am not saying he is choking, just the turnovers he commits always seems like gamebreakers which is worrying to most people.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I expect Mariota to be a run-of-the-mill QB.

Without his crucial mistakes... like fumbles that he can't seem to correct- he'll be a decent game manager type.

Chad Pennington is his ceiling.

Deuce Wayne
    This message by Deuce Wayne has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Bullsh*t x 6
    • Troll x 3
    • LOL x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Serious question, how many pick 6's do those guys have, and how many wins/losses?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Except Mariota is a completely different kind of QB than Pennington. Horrible comparison.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

you mean his floor

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

First season: 65.3 2,903 19 13 95.1
    2nd season: 64.4 4,211 36 19 97.4

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

I can't tell anymore the people who are actually concerned about the progression of Mariota or the people who are saying blatantly ridiculous things to get a reaction from people.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You left out fumbles.

10. JCBRAVE

that was meant to be included in the pick 6's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar