Mariota vs Other Top Young QBs (Year 2)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

I would love to have A Steve smith of 12, to Hilton, Reggie Wayne, cooper, Crabtree, Evans, I would KILL for the Jaguars receiving corps and look at how ****** they are

2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Dak isnt in his 2nd year. Its not likely he will sustain this level of play. He also has a very good team around him.

MM8 will have to lessen the amount of mistakes he makes and I think he will, but he has also had times where he has proven clutch.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Interceptions can be cleaned up as they are bad reads, poorly thrown balls, rushed, wr not running route correctly...etc

The fumbles are his fault although the last 2 were punched out, but he needs to protect the ball better. He has big hands so he needs to have better awareness there.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

all of this means nothing if he keeps turning it over in crunch time. I'm afraid the packers are about to blow us out unless he pound the rock and have long sustaining drives

5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I agree with you, however we need a turn over column in general. Marcus TD-INT ratio is just fine. I'm not super concerned with his INTs. My gut is once you add in his fumbles it will paint a different picture. Don't get me wrong I love Mariota and thinkk he's the best QB to walk through TN in quite some years, but the fumble issue is real and there is no spin for that. He has to correct it if he and the team is going to ascend to the next level.

Also just curious how many games played are these stats for? Or is it full season?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

The fumbles are concerning, yes. But I feel that can be corrected and he's shown some great flashes. Some of the other young QBs mentioned walked into a much better roster than MM8 did. Another year or two and JR is going to have a very good roster put together.

But, trolls gonna troll.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

Many of his INTS are on improper routes run by young receivers. Fumbles are all on Mariota, who needs to get DOWN when he is in heavy traffic, and wrap the football up with both hands. Protecting th football is Job 1...

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I would love to see him with the jags wr core. He needs to clean up the mistakes but he has maybe the worst wr core of any nfl team.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Justin Hunter is starting for the Bills

we're bad at WR but we're not the worst

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

@Deuce Wayne

Quit suckin Mariota's butt dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar