Mariota's First INT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Mariota's INT - I reserve that it is ENTIRELY SANKEY'S FAULT.... And you have blind bats on here whom apparently have some jank broadcast from their Regional Cable Company that doesn't include Instant Replay stating that it isn't his fault........ how is it not --- for one -- Sankey was lookin to back and left right as mariota released it.... I would call that THE RUNNING BACK'S FAULT. This should have been AT WORST an INC. If 'Shop were watchin the point of attack, he would have been able to A. make the catch B. Attempt and Drop a Catch C. Shadow the Defender from just Cherry Pickin'

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Ehh.. Maybe Sankey could have knocked it down but it was just 100% an awful playcall. Two defensive players were there waiting for it. The DB didn't bite on the crossing route at all. Seriously 2nd and 20, rookie QB first game, whats the most obvious playcall you can do? Ez, screen. Dumb dumb dumb.

He took too long to throw it/floated it a little too much. Its alright, this isn't like the INTs locker or vince threw, it was accurate just a poor playcall/decision. Easily fixable. Nothing to worry about!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We can go round and round on this one, but it's just an INT. MM should've thrown it in the dirt.

Sankey is taught to sit down and not drift, especially towards a defender. You can watch the LB read screen and come up the field, so Sankey stops instead of continuing towards him, that's when MM just throws it right to the LB. Terrible play call, but see what you're throwing to as well.

so, in order of blame, it goes....
    -MM
    -Whiz

No big deal, I'm hopeful it'll never happen again and I'm thankful it happened in the preseason

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Everyone in the area of the throw looked lost. But Mariota shouldn't have thrown the pass and I'm sure he knows that now.

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yea, Sankey is down the list of who is responsible for the INT.

Entirely Sankey's fault?? No

I agree with most. That was the most predictable call. That's a Madden call right there. The lb knew what it was and played it perfectly.

Mariota should have thrown it at his feet. Rookie mistake, not a big deal.

The fumble was on Warmack, he just got beat. I would have liked to see Mariota step up in the pocket and attempt a run, but first NFL game another no big deal. (He did have fumbling problems in college tho)

The game will slow down for him, we will be alright.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Mariota is a rookie and that was like his 2nd pass attempt in the NFL ever. Im sure he had some jitters as well. He will make some mistakes. It's preseason. No big deal as long as he learns from them.

But Mariota showed lot to be excited about as as well. Once he settled down all of his passes were on target. He looked fine running a pro offense. He will be very good.

What I really liked was the 3rd and long conversation. .. we NEVER saw that last year. I think we were last in the league on converting 3rd downs. So that is a positive sign.

Mariota averaged 12 yards per attempt as well, so it's not like he was just dinking and dunking

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hoge gives Mariota A+. Said INT was OL (G?) didn't get off block and pick up LB. Loved how he responded.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He didn't look like a rookie after coming back from the INT/fumble did he?

It sounds bad, but I'm glad to see how he responded after such a poor start. Locker would have tried to hard and gotten hurt, and VY probably would have shut down.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Let's hope Mariota isnt made out of Jello pudding pops like Locker was. This Oline will likely get him hit a lot. It won't be pretty if they can't get it together!

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This franchise couldn't run a screen for about a decade and this one was turrible on many levels. It'll get fixed or deleted from the playbook.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar