Mark Herzlich?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It wasn't too long ago that alot of people thought this guy would be a 1st round pick, until he was diagnosed with cancer.

Watching Boston College when I did, it seemed like he was a tackling machine with a real good motor. He is also very good in drop back coverage with a very long wingspan.

I know he is considered a 3-4 LB, but we could find a way to fit him in our system. I also know that LB is a need, but not a need to reach for one in the early part of the draft. I believe we could get this guy on sale :yes: with a late pick.

So would you guys draft him and what round?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well he has a titanium rod in his leg, he's already more Titan than anyone in this draft LOL.

I'd take a shot on him, why not, he beat cancer. He is a little slow tho, but he's the kind of guy you pull for. He could join Stafon and win us a Super Bowl. Then they could make a movie about it.

But on a serious note, Herzlich reads and dissects plays as well as anyone. He's a good tackler, and has great timing on blitzes. He's a football player head to toe. I doubt he falls as far at the 5th round, but if he does, I'm all for getting him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah speed is his only downfall.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Too slow to play OLB in our defense but if he is good at reading plays he could be tried inside. Great blue north lists him as the 10th best OLB in a draft rich with 3-4 OLB/DE hybrid type guys. That and the cancer might move him back a round.

This is a horrible draft for 4-3 OLBs. Carter is coming off a major injury, Wright and Mason are solid prospects but typical SAM type backers without great speed.

Adrian Moten in the 4th rd seems like our best bet to get some help at that position. He is 6'2 228 and very fast and he played the strong side for Maryland and was a solid player for 2 years.

Rolle out of Ohio State is a real speed guy but at 5'9 1/2 is just too short to be considered before the 5th rd.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Speaking of Brian Rolle, here are reasons to draft the short fella.
    1.) The guys hobbies are running, playing video games and weightlifting for crying out loud. That's exactly the kind of kid you want drafted. Everything he does in his spare time benefits him as a football player. He's not out making it rain on strippers, and getting drunk on tequila, he's having fun bettering himself physically.
    2.) Great speed and agility. Can change direction quickly, and even more importantly make plays from sideline-to-sideline (something we've been missing).
    3.) Can get back and cover deep zones, and knock receivers off their routes.
    4.) We share the same birthday
    5.) He's cousins to Antrel Rolle, and played high school ball with Javarris James.
    I know, those last 2 are terrible reasons, but kind of cool little facts.

The one and only thing I'm turned away by is that he does not have great balance and is knocked to the ground easily. BUT, and here's a huge but; I've heard of guys not putting up a fight in an effort to get back in position to pursue the play.

He's another guy I'd look at after the 4th round.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Brian Rolle is a good character guy, has good speed and instincts, but he just reminds me too much of Tulloch. He's really solid in the running game and is alright when dropping back into zone, but he doesn't have the coverage skills to play on the weak side.

I wouldn't be disappointed with the pick, but with guys like Tulloch, McRath and Curran already on the roster I don't see a point in having another smallish guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Please no more barely 6 foot LB's we have enough with Curran and Tulloch. Tulloch already gets manhandled by TE's and a lot of it is his size.

I like Herzlich if he would kick inside and we got him in the round 4-5 area. I think his speed will return with time.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There are major leverage issues for a guy that short. Reminds me of Terna Nande who was fast and strong but just couldn't get away from blocks.

There are also issues about seeing what is in front of you well.

Wright the OLB from Miss St. would be a good 4th rd pick. Not real fast he is a 4.75 type guy but good size as a run stopping SAM backer for us.

Mccarthey out of Miami is a similar type guy.

I was an advocate for Carter in rd 2 but have changed my mind. His injury is too significant even for a guy who without the injury would be a mid 1st rd pick. Just too much risk there.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly first guy I thought of was Nande and how fast and strong he was but just didn't have the size and got engulfed by lineman.

Carter scares me as well coming off an ACL tear no thanks unless he seriously drops.

I like McCarthy I would like to see him slip into the 4th. I'm higher on Irving than Wright but either would be alright with me.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

One of my friends who plays college football has very similar hobbies... in fact, running, video games, and working out/weightlifting are his hobbies.

But he does make it rain on strippers and gets drunk on tequila.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar