Markelle Martin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's played a total of zero NFL snaps. I think you might be jumping the gun just a bit with this one. Until his knee injury, some considered him the best safety in last year's class (behind Mark Barron).

Right now, we have absolutely no idea what he is. Won't know until we actually see him play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Martin can at least be decent depth at both S spots. Look, none of us are the draft experts a guy like Duece is but Martin was a pretty good pick were we got him and will get his chance.

Who knows with these guys. Martin has the physcial tools to play.
    Think about George Wilson. Played WR in college, UDFA, moved to SS, a position he never played before and ended up being a pretty solid player with a nice career. Then we have guys like Duece labeling players as busts before they can even participate in their first camp.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Players just from being in the league will naturally progress year by year, but we have no clue where he's at to start, so there's no way of knowing what he is or isn't.

Unless we're tight for roster spots, he's worth holding onto.

4. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Where did Martin go to college?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I remember I wanted Markelle Martin in the 3rd rounder, prior to injury.

6. xpmar9x

OK STATE

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

We should look at Martin as a rookie this year. With that mindset we have Griffin and Wilson starting and Babs and Martin as backups. I think Johnson gets cut before Babs. One off year doesnt necessiarly mean we are done with him. He is better than Johnson and has 1 year left on his contract. What is he getting paid like 1.9 mil? Babs is a good locker room guy who deserves another shot.

8. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

I think we should give this guy a flyer. Griff is a natural center fielder, IDK what happened to him though. He's afraid of wrapping up, it's probably a shoulder issue. Martin is a little too stiff to be a FS, pack on a little more weight and he'd be a good SS. Still don't think we should draft a SS. The only safety I like in this draft is Vaccaro.

9. xpmar9x

Babs & Rojo shouldn't be on this team. Should be:

FS: Griffin - Martin
    SS: Wilson - Rookie (2nd-5th Rounder)

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He was never a 3rd rd pick- before or after injury.

Some said he was best safety in the draft pre-injury? WHO?.... No one.

This is what people say during a draft to try to make the pick seem enticing.

He wasn't that great in college, and he wont be anything in the NFL.

Stop dreaming, friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar