Marvel or DC? Which is better?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Riverman, May 6, 2010.

?
  1. Marvel

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. DC

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I only read traditional comix in the 70s.. Fantastic 4, SubMariner and Silver Surfer.. I loved The Human Torch. God forgive them for ruining that character in those crappy flicks..

Now I occasionally read The Walking Dead and The Goon (which just happens to be by a great local artist named Eric Powell)...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Marvel Zombies looks cool
    [​IMG]

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Back in the day, I collected Daredevil. Got some dating back to their first issues.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Marvel is better IMO, I think they have a better cast.
    Aside from Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, DC doesn't really have a well known cast outside of the comic geek world.

I do think Batman has the best stories though.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I always thought DC was too dark, just less fun in general. Green Lantern was cool, but I liked Iron Man, Spider Man, and the Xmen so much more as a kid.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is pretty much my feelings as well. Batman was always my favorite but I still liked Marvel best overall. They just had much better characters. Outside of Batman, DC had very little that interested me.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I thought the Iron man comics sucked. It was just stupid to have a man with a "removable" energy source. And they would always have him die and come back.

But the movie- whew! Awesome.

I read comics in the 70's.Kept several. I'm loving the all of the comic book hero movies over the past decade. I hope it continues.

I agree about The Dark Knight but before that Batman plain sucked.

DC sucks other than that. Wonder Twins? Aquaman? psshhhh......

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Marvel attempted to have a coherient universe. DC not so much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Smudger

Smudger Starter

I enjoyed Marvel comics, especially Spiderman and X-men from 5 to 10 years old, although I enjoyed DC's Vertigo comics such as Sandman, Preacher and Hellblazer when I was a teenager.

If Vertigo counts as DC then DC for me.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Marvel easy. Batman's the only good thing going for DC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar