Marvin Harrison Cost The Colts The Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

It's always a good laugh when message forum trons call Harrison a pu$$y for going down after every catch. Do you know why he's so old yet still so good? Because he NEVER takes big hits when he goes over the middle. He's 6'0" 185 sopping wet with boots on. That's a great deal smaller than me, and I'd get BLASTED if I took a hit from an NFL backer catching a slant over the middle. I'd like for one of you guys to make that play and tell me that the "man-ly" thing to do is to stay up and take the hit "like a man." If you take those hits instead of getting to the ground, then you don't "take it like a man," you "take it like a moron."

Now, on to the play you're talking about. If this had been the end of the game, and the TD HAD to happen, then he'd cut it back. Since this wasn't the case, he did the smart thing. Maybe not the gutsy thing, but the smart thing. Think about it guys, he's playing with the best offense in football. There's no reason to think that we wouldn't score on the next couple plays, so the risk of the cutback at that point outweighed the reward of possibly scoring. You're right, 6 points there would've been the difference. But I'm willing to bet you didn't know that at the time of the play. We're all geniuses after the fact.

No need for excuses in this one. The Titans outplayed the Colts. After the 14-0 start, the Titans kicked it in gear and the Colts let up. We've got a lot of problems. Mounting problems. You guys are SOLVING problems. Fun time to be a Titans fan right now.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

No Guts. No Glory.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't pin the loss on him, but at the time I told Gunny that if he wasn't a weenie he could have scored.
    And I don't think if it was the end of the game Harrison would have done anything different. He's always been a weenie about getting hit.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Marvin Harrison's ability KEPT them in the game.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kept them in the game maybe, but running out of bounds when he has a more then good chance of scoring a TD on that play being smart. No, it was a pansy move.

Rather then risk scoring a TD, put the team in front, he went out of bounds. That's weak. And he ran straight to the sideline too.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So did Peyton's. And, he's been getting raked over the coals whenever the Colts lose for years.

Yet, Marvin is made of teflon?

I don't think so.

He can take his share of it, too.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Harrison 'kept' them in the game?

Weren't they WINNING 14-0?

Harrison is an awesome WR, but on that particular play, he SHOULD have scored...PERIOD! In the NFL, even the best offenses don't always score in the red zone.

We wanted it more than they did and got it done...even if it took an incredible 60 yd FG for the win!!!

Gut

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it is tackle football, right?

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree he could have gotten more yards on that play- he could have made a cut back into the grain and scored. But to suggest that he LOST the game for them because he wanted to avoid the hit is utterly preposterous. It isn't even solid speculation.

He (and yes, Payton) made some surreal connections over the middle that set them up for the points they did get. Marvin Harrison knows what the hell he is doing as a receiver. I'm certainly not going to question his decision to avoid a hit and possible injury. He is UNBELIEVABLY talented and should get the proper credit.

Who gives a ship anyway? The good guys won. Just keep it real. Harrison did not lose the game for the Colts.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This coming from the guy who starts this thread?

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4646

Come on now ... laying it on a bit thick aren't we? It is the loss isn't it? :banned:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar