Marvin Harrison Cost The Colts The Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This isn't about Marvin as a player, it is relegated to a specific play where he caught the ball had a chance to score a TD but once he caught he is tapered off to wards the sideline. Not even looking to score.

2. T4Ten

T4Ten Guest

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Gunny, I think on the play Pac and/or Hope was closing in. I don't recall it being as bad as everybody is saying. It was on my side of the field. I recall he could have cut it back, taken a lick and maybe gotten in- I'll have to see the NFL replay. I don't think it was a sure thing. Anyway, it is ridiculous to suggest that one play by Marvin "cost them the game" more than any other play by any other member on either team.

Several posters have made comments about Harrison general style- that's the reason I feel compelled to "set the record straight". He truly is one of the great receivers and not a sideline seeking biscuit boy like many imply.

4. Riverman

I'll put Harrison up against you any day.

Seriously, it was a helluva down field field block by a receiver- definitely not a block that somebody who is afraid to take a lick or avoids hits would do.

5. Riverman

Michael Jackson was found innocent, his case was never dismissed.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/13/jackson.trial/

I doubt you know the difference.

[​IMG]

6. T4Ten

T4Ten Guest

Are you serious? What a crock of bull.
    He shoves Bailey like a girl (sorry, I hate to offend girls like that)
    off guard because no one expected the kid-slappin Starvin Marvin to do anything but flop,
    and hits the ground before Bailey who was off balance going the other way,
    and you call that a "helluva" block.
    :crazy:

7. T4Ten

T4Ten Guest

I'm talking about the cases BEFORE his last one.
    It was dismissed after he paid the molested kid MILLIONS to just drop it.

Don't doubt me again, you don't even know me.

8. Riverman

Your right. I don't know you and after what I've read I won't doubt you again. So I'll assume you know the difference between settlement and a case being dismissed.

9. TNRADMAN

TNRADMAN Starter

This play happened right in front of me. Both me and my son-in-law who was sitting next to me (he is a Colts fan) said WTF is wrong with Harrison. After the Colts had to settle for a FG I said Harrison may have just cost them the game. Also, Harrison was acting strange during the warm up period. He didn't participate in the exercising/stretching but just stood there while the other players did it. He stood over near the sideline by himself during the passing drills and you definitely got the impression he was sulking. There is something going on with him. Maybe, he's PO'ed at Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar