Marvin Harrison Cost The Colts The Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

I got a question,

If you don't like Marvin Harrison, then what opposing wide receiver DO you like and for what reason?

I have no problem with people hating Peyton. He's not all that likeable, sometimes even when you ARE a colts fan. But Marvin Harrison? He's the only guy in the NFL that's been the best at his position for a decade and never speaks out during the rough times, never dances, never does anything brash or cocky in the least bit. And if you didn't like it when he spiked the ball in Vrabel's face, then that's fine, but everybody spikes after TD's, and if he hit Vrabel in the face ON PURPOSE, then he's even better than i thought.

There are certain players that you should respect just because you're a football fan. Favre, Barry Sanders, Montana, Rice, Reggie White, AND Marvin.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

well im not one of the ones that dislikes marvin

i'd say my top 3 favorite WR's are holt, fitz, & harrison....

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't dislike him, I just think he really screwed up on that play.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Swing

you are aware that Reggie White is dead, aren't you? [​IMG]

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Barry "stinky" Sanders, you gotta be kidding me. What a loser. Possibly the only bigger choker than Gayton ever.

6. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Hahahha, Ok, tell me of a time when he choked.

Actually, show me an instant between 1989 and 1997 that Barry Sanders WASN'T the most dangerous, talent player in all of football.

If the board here agrees with you that Barry "stinky" Sanders is a loser and a choker, then i'll go ahead and abort my membership here.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'll buy that but you forgot Ray Childress :grrhee:

I've seen Marvin make too many stunning catches to disrespect him.

My fave recievers to watch are Hines Ward,Steve Smith & Fitzgerald

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Not here,I have his biography & it's a great read.How can anyone question Sanders?

Not only was he a great player, he was a classy guy. He quit rather than take Walter Payton's records & he was incredibly loyal to Detroit.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

oh so tempting...:ha: but I couldn't ever say a bad word about Barry. Guy was just amazing.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Come on!

First, Harrison is a great WR....no one can dispute that. Some may not like the style of play of diving to the ground to avoid extra hits...though Harrison is the one always running that short 5 yd in across the middle....but he's an excellent player.

Second, he can break all the stats he likes, but he's not a Jerry Rice IMO. Harrison has been blanketed plenty of times by several different CB's...especially Samari Rolle. Rice in his prime was pretty much uncoverable.

Third, Barry Sanders IMO is the greatest runner I've ever seen. (How many RB's have caused 3 or 4 ACL injuries without even touching the defensive player?) Outside of watching my man Warren Moon and the Oilers, I never passed up an opportunity to watch Barry Sanders play.

Chew on this...If Sanders had gone to Dallas instead of Emmitt Smith (and Smith went to Detroit), Barry Sanders would hold every single rushing record no questions asked. ES on Detroit would've been a very good back, but he wouldn't come close to any rushing records.

And Sanders retired because he was convinced Detroit would never field a real Super Bowl contender and was tired of all the losing. At least that's the current explanation...

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar