Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I imported two ME1 characters and they actually talk pretty slow

i've never noticed any character speaking fast
    I wish they did, speed things up a bit

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's only my dude who talks fast.

The other guys talk normally. It just feels unnatural.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So... my Valentines gift is either Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2 or Bioshock 2.

Which is it? Need some help.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Bioshock 2 was severely disappointing. Hard toss up between the other two. I'd get Mass Effect 2, you can get Assassin's Creed 2 for cheap off Amazon in a couple of months.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd probably go Mass Effect 2 if you have played the first, otherwise Assassins Creed, I haven't seen or played Bioshock 2 so I can't comment on it.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

one thing I noticed thats impressive and adds to the authenticity of the character is that you see all the weapons your character is carrying on his/her person (more or less)
    not like fallout or oblivion where you can have 20 pieces of armor and a dozen guns that you know he cant be carrying around

I have to say, my 2nd playthrough is more rewarding than the first
    i'm noticing more and the conversations actually make sense now

my suggestion is, do as much as you can in 2. chances are that it'll pay dividends in 3

even though you might originally feel the need to kill something / someone in 2, it's very possible that you'll need their help in 3

bad guys turn allies in 3 ?
    rachni - only if you saved the queen in 1
    geth - ?
    collectors - ?
    did you scan the Citadel keepers in 1 ?
    Morinth over Samara in 2 ?
    decisions, decisions

7. Deuce Wayne

Man... should have went with Assassin's Creed 2. I don't think I've been this disappointed in a game since Halo 3 (almost the exact same game with less fun). Luckily I got Modern Warfare 2 not too long ago, but I'm out 60 bucks for possibly the most boring video game I've ever played in my life.
    I literally had to keep myself awake during "missions". Or I guess they were missions... most of the time I was walking around or talking about nothing to bad voice actors. Then a few robot guys would come shoot at me, so I'd kill them- not knowing wtf that wheel weapon system thing was good for. I've gotta read like a paragraph description of the weapon I choose during basically a paused moment... and then just selecting it isn't enough, I have to push A while moving to it. Terribly set up.

I'd walk in to battle and fumble around trying to take cover. Only certain objects will my guy get behind. He usually just stands straight up and gets hit. The only way I can tell he's getting hit though is because of some vein things that come on the edge of the screen. Otherwise I'd never know. Same with shooting enemies. It's like I hit them with a BB gun nomatter the weapon and they fall down. Then blow up. Just weird.

Sorry about the rant, but I had to. Just not much of a "game". More... PS3 Home in cool suits. Probably the least fun I've ever spent money on, for sure. I played for 3 hrs and there wasn't 1 thing I'll remember. No cool scenes, no memorable characters, no action... oh and trying to fly some atari spaceship to planets. Then scanning them for whatever. What's that about?

Just not my type of game, I suppose. I was pretty excited about playing it, too.

So basically- if anyone needs Mass Effect 2, I'll sell it to you for 40 bucks if you'd like. Otherwise it's getting ebay'd.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

9. Deuce Wayne

I guess I just didn't know it'd be this slow. Must not be an "RPG" fan. I thought it was different though and would have epic scenes, dialogue, etc. Plus, the voice acting cast seemed great. I suppose some of the main characters are, but the talking scenes are painfully bad as far as the acting goes. Everyone's so stiff- sounds like a Tiger Woods apology.

I knew there'd be a lot of talking and things like that- I just thought it'd be far less repetitive in that area. Mostly the same questions for everyone, and pretty much the same regurgitated answers.

Ah well. Everyone but me loved it somehow so maybe I can sell it.

I played again some today giving it another shot. It's getting better. Still a bit repetitive. All the battles and atmospheres seem the same... but its getting a bit more interesting at least.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you'd hate ME1 then.
    because in 2 dialogue is much different, and environments are never (hardly) repeated.
    in 1, you had alot of similar dialogue options, and many of the environments were identical.
    it almost sounds like you are giving a rev of ME1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar