Mass Effect - 7/11/07

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lagging and what not is a Bioware thing isn't it? KotOR had it.

Though I am surprised it wasn't rated higher than a 9.4, I thought it would be above everything else. (Surely it is better than Halo 3)

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah ... glitches and all are supposed to be patched in future updates
    apparently, they really wanted to get this out in time for the holidays

most critics announce frame rate and 'other technical' blemishes, but also state that it is not enough to detract from such an epic title

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Like KotOR the only issue I found was when there were mass amounts of enemies it slowed down a lot. Sounds the same with Mass Effect.

Nonetheless it looks good.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The only thing about KOTOR I didn't like was some of the fetching. This problem was similar in oblivion, tho it was less of a burden. I'm interested to see how Mass Effect handles some of these typical problems for role playing games. The Sci Fi role playing games always have weird comuter elements too. Fix this computer, fix that, puzzle this, puzzle that. And a lot of it involves fetching. I noticed that BioShock had even less fetch type moments. The only one that comes to mind was in the theater with the photos, but that wasn't so bad either because of the rabbits at the end and taking photos of the dead runners. I think that if rpg's can get past that one hurdle, then they will be totally immersive. I love rpg's tho, they are my favorite type of game and Bioshock was my favorite experience yet. I'm just looking for perfection.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"Perfection" will always be harder to find in games of this scope

this game has a few "side" quests .. not sure if they'll be "fetch" quests

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm playing now. It's been pretty good. The dialogue sequenes are smooth. That has been a nice improvement over some other rpg's. Most of the missions have played into the plot. Which is good. I thought the leaning curve has been high tho. I was constantly getting lost and there are so many people to try and remember. I died a lot, but I'm getting better. I'm now part of the more select class and moving ever onward. But overall, a nice experience and I think I'm starting to learn how get along in this game.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i've read that the learning curve is upwards of 5 hours
    that's crazy

8. PhiSlammaJamma

The IGN review is spot on. I'm not done yet, but thus far

The Good:
    Story
    Dialogue
    Most side missions are relevant to the story and don't take you out of your way.

The Bad:
    Must save. Listen to me. You must save.
    Can get stuck walking
    Same game as KOTOR ( not much innovation on the whole )
    Very linear when on the ground
    learning curve is large.
    no freaking laser guns? Are you kidding? It's space game.

It's really a lot of fun once you get going and get the hang of it. THe whole games rides on the story and it delivers nicely and I figure I'm only half way thru.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How long have you been playing for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar