Mass Effect - 7/11/07

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

Hard to say, I started on Wednesday night, and I've put in about 5 or 6 hours a day. So I'm probably at about 20-24 hours or so.
  2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I rented Mass Effect yesterday, and played for a couple of hours last night. Overall, I like it a lot. When I first started, there were a lot of times where I would get lost walking around and end up exactly where I started. There is a lot of side missions, and a lot of crap to remember (names, locations, etc.). I haven't got too far into it, so I haven't gotten a lot of battle action except for Eden Prime.
  3. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

This is one of the best games I've ever played in my life.
  4. BigRed3

This game is badass. The only regret that I have is that I just rented it instead of buying it, there's no way i'm going to be able to finish it. I'm about nine hours in right now, and it seems as if I haven't even scratched the surface.
  5. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

I do a lot of exploring so I'm probably not typical but I'm over 22 hours into it and I'm still not close to done.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

I'm done, but it takes a while if you explore.

I would really like to see these good evil games diverge like mid way and take two totally different paths with maybe a smidge of overap. That's what these developers need to do next. There should be three or four endpoints for every game. While I was playing Half Life 2, I realized the game is so big they could have done that with little effort.
  7. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I've thought of that as well. Every major choice you make (not every choice) changes the storyline to suit your characters personality (good/evil).

The replay value on that is enormous.
  8. BigRed3

The only complaint I have with this game so far is the load times that happen a lot when going from place to place. Also, there were two occasions where I got stuck into something in the environment and couldn't get out, and I would have to load my game again.
  9. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Holy cow! So THAT's why I'm not a gamer! That's like a second job!
  10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, then steer clear of games like Oblivion, Final Fantasy and Mass Effect
    there's plenty of games available for gamers that want to blast through games in a week or so with minimal daily investment
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.