Matt Expected to Start Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I posted this in the other thread... but since you decided to state the same thing here...

Ok, this is a stupid opening statement.
    The situation has nothing to do with the severity of the injury. I hate to bring it up, but who thought Dale Earnhardt's wreck was that serious?

Has zero to do with it... and to claim otherwise is utterly stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Who says he couldn't beat him out? Maybe both of them showed something and Seattle elected to go with the cheaper option to save money down the road? And I'd rather have Flynn (a viable qb option) than a below-average, aging vet in Hasselbeck and a real unknown/injury prone qb in Locker. I was hoping Locker would be the guy, and maybe he will be next year. But it seems like no matter who we have back there, the quarterback is going to get killed in Palmer's system if our running game continues to struggle.

3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Perhaps but they seemed to invest a lot in him pursuing him in free agency to just let him ride the bench behind a rookie. It just does not look good from my point of view... kinda like the eagles robbing the cards with kolb.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Half of interceptions are as a result of tipped balls. Watch 3 minutes of highlights from last week and you'll see that. Should guys stop contending for balls?

Sure we're upset with the result of that play Thompson missed tipped the ball/Hass blew the throw, but I could never be mad with a player for trying to get a ball thats going by him.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't really blame him for trying to make the catch.

That said, Thompson has pretty much been a walking blooper reel so far.

6. JCBRAVE

How could he not be? He was a DE last season.

It's comical to me that people can have such high expectations from him this year. I for one expected these types of things from him.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I didn't expect him to see the field as a TE this season, with two very capable receiving TEs in Cook and Stevens.

I'm all for #84, but every ball that goes his way are ones that could go to Hawkins or Williams, which for them, it's time to show something or hit the trail we need to find out if we have anything with them.

As far as Locker being out, I'm kind of complacent. Sucks that he will be set back by the injury, but at the immediate time, he hasn't shown yet that he'll be a consistent starter, and that he will seriously be missed. I'm not too shaken up about it, and we're going nowhere either way.

What sucks is that with MH, there's nothing new, nothing to be excited about. The same ol' rehash of last season, just worse.

If Locker is going to be seriously declining this season due to that injury, IR him, and let's try someone else.

8. JCBRAVE

red rifle.jpg

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Look at that mountain of a man.

10. JCBRAVE

LOL, looks more like a melting ice cream cone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar