Matt Flynn an issue for us?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What if say Matt Flynn gets traded to the Jags, Raiders, or Browns? Whats' that do to us draft wise? I expect 2 QB's to go top-10 opening up our options, but if Seattle moves Flynn, does that mess us up?

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Well yeah if a team was planning on drafting a QB but then gets flynn then they aren't gonna draft a qb with the 1st pick. However if a team is set on getting a rookie qb then it wont matter anyways.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I don't think it will change the first 9 picks much if at all. Geno is still going before us and the likelihood of another signal caller going was always a long shot. I'm hoping between Philly, Buffalo, and NY they take 2 but that is wishful thinking but crazier things have happened.

Geno is going to flop wherever he goes NYJ have interest apparently in him and Nassib. Manuel would be a good fit in Philly and Buffalo could reach for Nassib due to Marrone being his old HC at Syracuse. I pray NYJ take Barkely, god I would love that but any QB would be nice to push back some talent.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

He could, but it's only one pick.. It depends on who you're hoping we draft. No one but us will take a Guard top 10. However if you're hoping we pick up Jarvis Jones, Xavior Rhodes, Cordarrelle Patterson, or someone like that who could be taken around ten, then possibly Flynn could throw a wrench in those plans. But in the end it is still only one pick. There are enough good players in the top 15 to satisfy one of our needs.

That is assuming that the team that trades for Flynn decides not to draft a QB in the first round anyway. Flynn is still completely unproven as a starter.. he reminds me of Kevin Kolb.. he could end up as a decent starter, but you will never know until he is given the job week 1. If I'm a new head coach or GM, or one on the hot seat, I wouldn't want to rest my fate with a veteran QB who has never started.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think there's a greater chance of zero QBs going in the top 10 than there is of 2 QBs.

Won't matter much for the Titans either way. The team has plenty of options at #10. Both offensive guards, all the defensive ends, a safety, a wide receiver... There is guaranteed to be a good player on the board.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Don't underestimate the desperate need for franchise QB's. It's the stuff that made Ponder go top 15. Don't be surprised if 2 QB's go before we pick at 10. Smith will certainly go top 10, and the surprise of the draft could be someone reaching for Barkley or Glennon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I think so as well but would be nice. Geno will be pushed ahead of us for sure but after that it is a guessing game. I hope we don't take Vaccaro however I'd rather see us go Elam at 10 than him.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

either way, I hope Ruston is ready to pull the trigger to drop back in the first for some extra or future picks. Then BPA in 1st and Warford in 2nd.

9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Y'all gon laugh when Warmack is gone before we get the Chance.

No pun intended.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

what team picking after us is dumb enough to move up in this draft?

This draft is nothing but a whole bunch of B players.

The 32nd guy taken will be pretty much the same as the 1st guy taken.

I'd be really pissed if I was Kansas City or Oakland, no one this year will make them great.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar