Matt Flynn an issue for us?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Careful. There i a bounty of comments made by Crave that have to be conidered for that award.

The Raider could handle Flynn's salary if they cut Palmer. O that isn't exactly an isue (and didn't require extensive reearch on my part either).

The thing about trading for Flynn is a team would be stupid to give anything higher than a 3rd for him (I'd offer a 4th) and his 5 mil base salary right now. What is perplexing about this whole concpet is we signed a vet in Fitz that is probably just as good or better than Flynn so if the Raiders wanted a guy to replace Palmer for cheap and hold the fort they could have done so.

My guess is the Raiders, possibly the dumbest team in the NFL right now, are going to think Geno Smith i the 2nd coming of ..... not sure who.... but will draft him anyway.

I'm going to start another thread now on "what if the teams in front of us trade for a DT (I'll pluck a name off some team)" and if that will change who drops to us in the draft. Then I'm going to start another on DEs.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Talk is cheap

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Haven't heard anything about that. But, if true... ARZ better be calling.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The talk is pretty quiet, Rivers is still a top QB but if SD is rebuilding then they'd be wise to move him, they could really make out nice. Theyre probably a few years away from being a dominate team again so thats why the talk is there but not really making headlines.

It's more of a thought that some reporter once touched on.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I can't see them trading Rivers. I guess he is 31, probably has 3-4 years left. He's been worse these last two years, but also hasn't had a whole lot of help. Gates is getting older, lost V-JAX, Floyds been injured, OL is trash. McCoy may want to go out and get his own QB. They could get some legit compensation out of him, just look at the Palmer and Kolb trades of recent. SD would get atleast 2 #1s.

I seriously doubt they'll trade him though.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure what SD gains by moving a 31 year old QB who is pretty darn good. They might not have a guy that good for another decade. If they want to consider moving on without Rivers they need to draft a few and hope one turns out to be a steal or something.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Geno Smith is the second comming of Jamarcus Russell

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think Geno is going to be an outstanding QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar