Matthews agrees to join Titans staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tuk88, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think they're really hurt to lose him. I'm sure they were happy to have him on staff, but he was below the position coach level there. They're probably happy he got an opportunity, they must like their OL coach.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not saying it is enough to keep Bruce from the job and i'm glad he is coming here but his son will always be on the bubble and there could be some hurt feelings if he was cut.

Somebody had to bring the issue up.

3. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Bruce Matthews....now the only assistant coach with a six-story banner photo of him from his playing days on display where he works. :)

Anyone else we can get from the Ring of Fame to coach? is Warren Moon available for a QB coach? :)

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I love this move. I love Matthew's work ethic. And his team loyalty. If we do nothing else this year but instill a hard work ethic and a no crybabies allowed mentality, we will be miles ahead of last year. If our young players can't respect two Hall of Famers who have not only been there, done that, but did it for THIS franchise, then they aren't going to respect anyone and they should go stand in the VY looking for a new team line.

Now, keeping it real, this is only one hire. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. carr bombed

carr bombed Starter

:ha: HAHA at this post.

6. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I know Munch wasn't the most exciting hire, but him and Matthews are exactly the guys to bring PRIDE back to this franchise.

Coach Munch is doing it the right way!

7. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Hopefully he will do a better job than the last OL coach we had.

8. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Who knows how Munchak will do in the longterm...but at least he seems to understand what this team has lost along the way! Pride.

I totally agree that he seems to want to do this the right way. Thumbs up for that!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I like this move, the work ethic and pride factor will hopefully start to create a positive mentality that can spread throughout the whole team. A winners mentality! A mental toughness, desire to win and a never say never attitude are more than half the battle and something this team has been lacking the past couple years. Hopefully these are the first steps in that direction!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar