Matthews First Titan to Make Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Franks chances have gone down. It's hard for a TE. Especially with a couple of active TEs out there right now making better cases. Gonzales is a lock, and depending on their next few years, Heap and Shockey might end up being better candidates than he is. Gates could pass him if his career keeps on the same track...

I loved Frank, but I don't think he has much of a chance.

I'm not even touching the Eddie debate, it's been done. If you really want to argue it, look up one of the old threads.

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

It's different from baseball; they don't "go in as" anything.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Put it on NFL Network now hes talking.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would if I could. :moon:

5. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Quotes on Hall of Fame OL Bruce Matthews

SUMMARY: "Actually, I believe my best years were when he was in the center position. You knew he was going to get it done no matter what, and some of his greatest games were played later in his career," said RB Eddie George. "He would dominate the younger opposition each and every time."

"His first reps were unbelievable. He was going 100 miles an hour on every snap," said Titans OL coach Mike Munchak. "He may not have been blocking the right guy but he would chase someone all over the field on every play. His feet and legs were moving in every direction possible, like a human weed whacker, tripping everyone in his path, but he still found a way to get his block."

"My fondest memory, the thing I'll carry with me forever, was turning back and looking at Bruce holding up the Lamar Hunt Trophy in Jacksonville after winning the AFC Championship game," said Titans head coach Jeff Fisher.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Anyone turn this into an avatar for me?

[​IMG]

A heap of Bruce avatars may be appropriate for the weekend.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

[​IMG]

Why the hell is Eddie wearing Aviators?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar