Maui no ka oi!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm back. And what an adventure this has been...too much to type right now, so I'll sum up:

I locked my keys in the trunk right before heading to the airport.

Through a screwup by United Airlines, I was almost stranded in Oakland California with no luggage and no way to get a boarding pass. For five minutes, I was just short of a killing spree. Seriously.

Three dogs traveled on the plane with us through two stopovers in Denver and Oakland. Not ONE bark. Not ONE whimper. The kicker: they're Chihuahuas.

Honolulu had the weirdest trees I've ever seen....simultaneously beautiful and grotesque, like an HR Geiger painting. Pics to come later.

Got my car today: a 1991 Camry, 81K miles. $3500.

Here's shots of my crib and the view from the street:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking at Haleakala (mountain) from the farming plains of Maui is staggering to me...I've never seen that much land at one time, and watching it all rise up into the clouds just freaks me out. It's like being a tiny ant in the middle of a large taco shell. Sorry, no pic of it yet.

More pics later, when I dump them out of Brian's camera.

2. Sweet!

Wish I was there

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Too bad you weren't on Southwest, you could've gotten on that reality show "Airline."

That's really low miles for a 91!! Let me guess, little old lady, only drove it to church and wal mart?

So what's next for Avvie? What's the next piece of settling in?

4. avvie

A desk for the recording stuff and a job.

BR, I thought you might want to know that my roomate is the guy that taught the recording software in Nashville, and is the manager of the Mac store here. How handy is that? ;)

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Brian ? he moved down there with you ?

6. avvie

Yep...that's him. And actually, I moved down here with he and his wife. I don't know your name, so we couldn't figure who you were. PM?

Brian and I were bandmates in the early 90's in Greensboro....we had an act called Ten Feet Tall. It was a mixture of everything...jazz, metal, pop, world, etc. I was really P.O.'d when he moved to Nashville. He's super talented, and the most positive, upbeat go-getting person I've ever met.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Beautiful view. I loved what I saw of Hawaii on vacation. Have fun and send more pics :brow: Oh and tickets for me to visit :lol: Oh, not through United though :))

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Suh-weeeeet! :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar