Mawae Calls Out Rodney Harrison

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Rodney Harrison took a shot at the Titans, and on Friday center Kevin Mawae answered back.

Harrison, the former Patriots safety, now an analyst for NBC, called the Titans the dirtiest team in the league during an interview Thursday on the Dan Patrick radio show.

Mawae said Harrison has no room to talk.

“Maybe it is a way for him to deflect attention away from himself because I think everybody who’s been in this league for a long time knows that he may be the dirtiest guy that’s ever played this game,’’ Mawae said. “I think somebody forgot to tell him that that long, wide, 3-foot white line on the sideline, we play inside those, and he spent a lot of his time playing outside of those.

“I don’t have a lot of respect for that guy.’’

Harrison, who played from 1994-2008 with the Chargers and Patriots, called Mawae “a dirty dude.’’ He also said the Titans are the dirtiest in the league.

He recalled a game against the Titans in 2006 when former Titans receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, knocking him out of New England's playoff run. Harrison said players on the Titans sideline were laughing, and Coach Jeff Fisher was grinning.

Mawae, named one of the NFL's dirtiest players in a Sports Illustrated survey this week, said he never had a run-in with Harrison that he’s aware of, but knows Harrison has something against him.

His peers voted Harrison the “dirtiest player” in the NFL in a 2004 survey conducted by SI, and topped the list again in 2006. He racked up more than $200,000 in fines during his career, and was suspended for a helmet-to-helmet hit against Oakland receiver Jerry Rice in 2002.

There is so much stuff I could say right now. He is up in the booth now and I am still playing ball, so go figure,’’ said Mawae, who’s in his 16th NFL season. “For whatever reason I have always been the target of his anger. Maybe when we were young players and I was in Seattle and he was in San Diego, maybe I gave him a shot or two, I don’t know. It just so happens no matter what team I am on, that happens to be the dirtiest team in the league in the eyes of Rodney Harrison.

“If Rodney Harrison wants to accuse somebody of being dirty, tell him to look at his 16 years of highlights. I guarantee he got fined more in one year than I have my entire career.’’

source - Tennessean.com

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

YOU SUCK!!!!!
    You beat me to posting the thread by a mere two minutes.

This was the same exact game that Brady told his guys 'not to stoop down to their level' and the exact moment that I wanted to see painful bodily harm come to him...and continue to wish that.
    That game is a huge reason why I also hate the Pats altogether.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Good for Mawae! I'm so sick of people (ESPN) defending players like Harrison and Ward. The other day I happened to unfortunately catch the Jim Rome show and he was defending Ward as a tough and smart player and not dirty. ESPN just hates seeing players on teams they love get trashed. I highly doubt this gets reported at all but I'm glad I saw it because the truth needs to be told. There's a difference between toughness and dirty but most people don't seem to understand that.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

if they not gonna fight they need to shut up. cause all this is just wasting time if they cannot meet in a game or have a street fight. words are just words.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't think it's as big of a deal as this would like to make it out to be, but it does say a lot when Mawae goes as far as he does to talk trash right back about Harrison.

Harrison calling anybody else a dirty player is definitely like the pot calling the kettle black.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Define; DIRTY.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Jim Rome is an idiot who says things just to be edgy. His obviously scripted show is terrible too, and he probably doesn't even write the script for it. Jim Rome is Burning doesn't belong on ESPN. In fact, all of the lineup: ATH,PTI, Rome is Burning, and Sportscenter who all rehash the same stories have become too redundant to watch nowadays, anyway.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't know how 'dirty' our team is, but I do know that our right tackle is a violet blocker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar