Mawae Leads Rebuilt OL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Entering his 13th season, C Kevin Mawae has already established himself as the vocal leader of the Titans rebuilt offensive line. "He’s willing to lead by example, and then he’s willing to be very vocal about it and help the guys," OL Coach Mike Munchak said. "He’s not a prima donna. He’s not giving guys comments and not helping them. He’s very constructive with his comments and giving them things to think about. … It’s the same things Benji does or Zach does with some of the young guards. It’s nice to have a line that works like that." Mawae feels the new OL is already on the same page and are moving in the same direction. "My goal is to come out here and just be me. And that’s what I’m doing," Mawae said. "Part of that is being just a natural kind of leader, and working hard and leading by example, and say things when you have to."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I like this guy. I think he will make a big difference in our run game this year.

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

hope so....we should have tried to have kept Hopkins for a little longer too

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Hopkins was done, pretty much. Mawae is still showing a lot left. He's hungry...always has been, but especially now that the Jets cut him for being too old essentially. He wants to prove himself, and I think he'll do it.

5. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Mawae could really solidify our OL, we havent had this type of vetern leader since B Matthews left. If The Ol can make the runnung game go we will have an excellent year keeping the other teams offense off the field, slowing down the pass rush and tiring their defense. I strongly believe the OL is the key to our season and Mawae is the key to the OL.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I really think we should use our first day picks next year on linemen.... It would be great to get a top flight center in the draft and let him learn behind Mawae for a year or two. He doesnt have much time left in the league and we need to the most out of him we can

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

did you all see how Mawae shot back at his old team? Hilarious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar