Maybe Bud should have let Fisher hire his son

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Is he an OL guru? No. But he hired our OL coach. He came in here preaching accountability and a mismatch offense. We have seen little of either. Levitre has been aweful and we should already have tried Oher at LG with Lewan at RT before Roos got hurt. Not only has Levitre continued to stink, but he's still there. Of course at the moment we have no one else to play, but he hired the OL coach who has one of the top paid OG's, 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 4th rnd pick to start the season and how'd they look before Roos got hurt after we beat the Chiefs?

Also, it appears AFTER we lose, get embarassed, and Whiz makes an excuse how how we couldn't protect the QB better, we magically are able to do that (quick passing game, put Hagan in motion then kept him in to pass block, threw to the backs more). Somehow we are always a game behind! And getting your QB killed (all of them) is partially on the playcaller/gameplan/ execution/ol play/and qb play. If Mett is a statue and we have 3 backups blocking including both tackles, how are we going to 5 and 7 step drops without max protection?

Yes, it absolutely is NOT my money to pay Whiz to sit on the couch. But IF I was the owner or President, I would do it just because this team has become the worst team in the NFL while adding talent! The BIGGER problem may be that we were SOOO BAD that some of the good/great coaches wouldn't touch us even if we did off them a small fortune. For this reason (and they will blame the QB position), I think they stay another year and then it is sink or swim for Webster and Whiz. The other problem is, we are not fixing the broken culture by keeping these guys and the Levitre's on the roster, we are only reinforcing it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd take a chance hiring a new coach every year and going 2-14 than I would suffering 8-8 consistently.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This has been the most shocking thing to me. Whisenhunt got Mettenberger killed in the Giants game.

People have been critical of Sankey but we've not once given him enough snaps to get into a rythmn. He's lost snaps Leon Washington? Would any other coach in the league have played Washington like we have? A truly wtf question this season. McCluster was this seasons Randy Moss. We simply never used him.

Mettenberger showed me enough to keep him as the starter next season. This would allow us to draft much needed help on defense. The Jets,Eagles,Skins and Bears are all potential teams we could trade the 2nd pick to to get more picks. I have an awful feeling though that we're going to take a QB f'ck everything up.

If I'm the owner and it's my cash I'd have serious concerns about losing the fanbase. I would fire chum bucket Whisenhunt on Sunday after the game and I'd do it live during his post game press conference.

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Average that over a 16 year tenure, he averages 1.75 wins over .500 per year. IOW, over his 16 year tenure here, he averaged 8.75 wins a year. Basically, he's a .500 coach.

EDIT: I knew I should have fact checked you. Fisher was 142-120 with the Titans/Oilers. That's 22 games over .500. Not 28.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

image.jpg He was around plenty long enough (see photo) to win us a title - we got tired of 8-8 and waiting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar