Maybe Not That Big of a Deal....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by yanek27, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

You make no sense. We havent been to the playoffs since 08 and have not won a playoff game since I dont know how long and you say we are better off without Peyton. Lets see get to the playoffs and have a chance or just win 6 games every year?

I also said what if. I am not re-opening this can of worms before the board has a blowout. Just pointing out facts.

2. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Thats my point.

3. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

But We are 3-2 with a hurt QB, no running game, average coach and a good defense.

4. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

and a play here or there and we are 1-4. Pittsburgh doesnt fumble on the 1, we go down 9-0. Totally changes that game. Hail Mary Jake against SD, yep that could have ended differently too.

5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Its more of who we are then giving up on the season. NOTHING wrong with what I said. There are some GREAT teams this year. This is different from the past few seasons where anyone could have got hot and won. But then again we got people on here thinking we would have a better season this year without Peyton Manning. I can't even argue that anymore.

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

at least the defense isn't taking it in the ass like last year. Now we need to get rid of those offensive coaches.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

When did I ever say we would be better off without Peyton? Quote me. Now.

We would be what Denver is now if we had Peyton.. but that DOESN'T mean they will win the Superbowl. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB of all time, but a consistent playoff choker. Can you understand how that works?

8. amy

amy Starter

The point is moot. We do not have Manning so any discussion about how good he would be for us is totally useless. There is no past, there is no future. There is only now and now we have Fitz. It is what it is. Considering it was his first game with us, I thought he did just fine, considering he had to wait until the second half for Loggins to let him play.

Why anyone on the coaching staff can still think that CJ can run through a brick wall of 300+lb defenders is a mystery to me. But they had him trying to do it for the entire first half, with the Oline making NO holes for him whatsoever. Isn't that the definition of insanity?

Overall, I think we did ok, and next week will be better.

9. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Thats fine but when you re-read my post, trying to make connection on that decision 2 years ago is all I was saying. I know its a moot point now. I think most of us on this board don't realize how big this KC game was for making the playoffs. I mean people think we can beat Denver all of a sudden. I mean no one has come close but Dallas and even with a 502 yard performance by Romo they still LOST. But the Tennessee Titans can go into Denver and win somehow. The point of these message boards is to share ideas, point out faults, but some of you live too much on fantasy island. Seriously.

10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Realistically this team is 1 but probably 2 years away. It takes time for most teams and their QBs to mature. This Titan team has a great foundation. Another good draft class improving defense and the running game and we will be there. We have to build a team around stopping the Colts and Luck. The Texans will be a non issue probably after this season. Good, but middle of road. They are imploding. The Colts look to be for real. Its them and us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar