Maybe VY's biggest improvement? Interceptions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This to me isn't being talked about enough. Besides the fact that he has been passing great and making good decisions, in 5 starts he only has 1 interception. Thats amazing to me since in the past he was always good for 1 or 2 interceptions that really hurt us. With these games being so close since Vince took over, 1 interception could be the difference between a win and a loss so I just wanted to commend Vince on his improved decision making when passing. During these 5 games he has very rarely forced passes and I've seen him throw the ball away a number of times which he didn't use to do in his rookie & sophomore years. How many QB's in the league can go 5 games with only 1 pick? I bet you can count on one hand.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

He's playing very very smart...not trying to force anything. Only mistake yesterday was letting the clock run out at half but you cant fault the guy for trying to make a play. He redeemed himself at the end, but he needs to work on clock management.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

The less turnovers I think all can be atributed to him evolving as a QB in general. Making better reads...seeing the field better..checking down..looking off defenders etc..And just making smarter decisions in overall. I think its all played a part in him having less turnovers so far. He isnt forcing the issue anymore..he's learning how to take what the defense gives him

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Young deserves credit for being smarter with the football but I think Dinger has done a much better job than Chow in scheming to VY's strengths.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Hey titanjeff where did you find that sig at? Its pretty sweet.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

GoT posted a bunch of photos from the game last night.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

less turnovers are great, but that comes along with a qb maturing. i was never that upset with the picks in his first two years, young qbs throw picks.

his biggest improvement is the deep ball. his first two years he was throwing punts up for grabs, now he's hitting guys in stride.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Vince is definitely being much, much smarter with the football this season. One INT over the past 5 games really is amazing. Especially considering he's been throwing all over the field, not just little dumpoffs. I don't think even the biggest VY fans could've imagined him only having one INT at this point.

BTW, over that same span:

Brees: 4 INT
    Brady: 6 INT
    Peyton: 7 INT

VY IS BETTER THAN ALL THOSE GUYS!!! :)

Kidding

9. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

I certainly agree that the turnovers is his biggest improvement to date. He is making smarter decisions with the ball. I think that is attributed to another improvement he has made and that is his poise. He is much more comfortable with waiting for things to develop than hastily trying to make them happen himself. Other than the play before halftime last week, I have seen a 180 degree turnaround so far in this department.

Vince Young has never lacked personal confidence, but the confidence he has in his offense now will be the difference in draft bust and quarterback of the future and make no mistake about it, Vince Young is showing he can be the quarterback of the future.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Agreed, I'm not near as nervous when VY launches one into the stratosphere now. He's really improved his passing game. Hope to see continued improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar