Maybe waiving Blount was for the better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I would rather have Blount than Ringer or Harper. (or both for that matter) I don't mean to disrespect either of them, but Blount is a better RB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And Blount is literally the PERFECT back to compliment CJ.

Ugh. Every time I think about I wanna vomit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Donnie Nickey makes me sick, I want to puke too!

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I actually kind of agree, I typically feel like smart hard working players are better than talented lazy players. Blount strikes me as the second kind, he could legitimately be one of the best runners in the league, but he can't block, he can't catch, he has a temper at the wrong times, he fumbles. All of this makes me not want him. I still think we should've kept him around for a shot, but I don't miss him as much as I thought I would.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

How about when he drops an easy pass for a first down? Or fumbles on a crucial drive? Or punches someone in the face putting us in third and long? Or whiffs on a block and gets Hasselbeck blown up? Blount is a great runner, I'm not trying to discredit him there. But this kid has gaping holes in his game, and I don't think he's the type to work on fixing them.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Nickey couldn't play period and he got a ten year career. You have to have talent. I bet these wr are working hard but they are not Britt. All for hard work but talent comes into play to. Blount catches better than he is getting credit for and he is way better than lendale white. We had Blount we dont lose the jag game

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

His attitude alone doesn't warrant him not being on the team. His one-dimensional style of play and attitude problem are the reasons why he's not on the team.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

better for the Bucs maybe?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Again, fair enough. But one-dimensional or not, that one dimension just so happens to be the thing that this run game is in desperate need of.

None of us knew Blount was going to be as good as he ended up being. So, even though Fisher was paid very well to be more in tune with these things than the rest of us, I can kinda sorta see why he took the risk of "sneaking" LB onto the practice squad. But I don't get how anyone can in retrospect say it was the right move. The bottom line is we'd be a better team right now if we still had him.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It was the wrong move. When you let a productive player go who CHOSE your team over all others, it is a mistake. He wanted to be in Nashville, and the titans acted like he wasn't worth a roster spot over splendid players like winborn, curran, and Ryan mouton.

STUPID move any way you look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar