Mayock’s take on 10th overall pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans Insider, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans will have a tough decision to make one week from today when they’re on the clock in the first round of the NFL Draft.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock predicted the Titans will likely choose between a defensive end, interior lineman and a cornerback with the 10th overall pick.

“They could go a lot of different ways,” Mayock said today. “Those are the three positions they are playing with. … They’re the three areas I would see them concentrating on.”

In a conference call with reporters, Mayock predicted BYU defensive end Ezekiel Ansah and Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan wouldn’t be around when the Titans pick.

“They could use an edge rusher. Is Barkevious Mingo there?” Mayock said of the LSU defensive end.

He also said he thinks the Jets could take Mingo with the 9th overall pick.

The top two guards in the draft are Alabama’s Chance Warmack and North Carolina’s Jonathan Cooper.

“I think Tennessee could certainly use another interior offensive lineman and a Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper would make sense,” Mayock said.

Yet Mayock could also see the Titans drafting a cornerback, only not the guy most analysts think. Mayock has Houston’s D.J. Hayden ranked above Alabama’s Dee Milliner.

“I love (Tennessee’s) corners because they are feisty, but they are also small. And I’d love to see them upgrade athleticism and size on the corner,” Mayock said. “Most people think Dee Milliner is the No. 1 corner. I happen to like D.J. Hayden.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is he really saying we should take D.J. Hayden at 10?? Because for one I coulda sworn he suggested we get bigger at CB. D.J. Hayden is the same size as who we have now.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd love a CB or Warmack at #10.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hayden is interesting but as stated, his height is an issue. If we're going to go CB, you'd think we're looking for size.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Star, Warmack, or Rhodes/Milliner.

Get me one; i'll be happy.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Think this is a good deep corner draft. We can get a very good one later and hopefully another FS so the vagician can be let go after this year. Griffin maybe one of the worst deals this team has signed maybe ever. I like pollard and wilson to bad they are SS

7. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

Maybe he is saying o-line and d-line are more worthy at 10 spot, and wait to get a cb in later rounds.

8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

As long as its not Mingo I don't care.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I hope somebody takes Milliner. I think we could get a good corner round 2 such as Taylor, Banks, or Hayden but who knows what the FO is thinking. I like Trufant as the #1 CB.

Please no to Mingo. We really need to explore trading back in an evenly dispersed draft such as this.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Crazy thought for those who don't want to take an OG 10th overall. If we are picking and Lane Johnson is on the clock why not take him and let Stewert play RG for a season. That way we upgrade our OL and get a future LT on our roster for when we let go of Roos and Stewert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar