Mayock on the TEs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

It depends on the Tight End. We see TEs being game changers nowadays. Even more so than WRs. If we found the likes of a Gronk, Kelce, Graham, our own Walker, etc., it could be more impactful than even a 1st Rd WR. I wouldn't be mad if we took a TE in the first who is worthy of the pick. In JRob I trust.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With all the funky pre-snap shifts and stuff we do before the balls snapped, a TE early wouldn't be that crazy when you think about it.

I think like with me a lot of fans are clouded by Walker being here right now, but in 2 years time wheres he going to be....? And with no solid #2TE, its a spot we should be looking to upgrade..

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Also TE, more than any other position, takes at least a year or two to develop to even get close to starting caliber. A WR can come in and contribute year 1 with the way the rules are today. But TE's have to know how to block like an OL and run routes like a WR.

We need to invest in a good one now (especially in a year where there are truly talented ones) so he can be ready to step into the starting role when Walker declines/retires.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I wouldn't hate Howard at 18. The important thing is to get young guys to grown with MM and if we don't take a WR at 5 and that is our BPA, why not? Walker is older and nothing is wrong with two TE sets, MM seems to like going to the TE.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

If a TE can run a 4.5-4.6 and catch, he's a receiver and his label is irrelevant. There will probably be at least 3 of those guys.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He's a top 5 talent IMO. He's the most explosive TE I've ever seen. People question his commitment, which is hurting his stock.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I've never seen or heard the commitment issue amongst people who would know- and even so, he was a first round guy before the senior bowl. The senior bowl would put to rest commitment issues... he didn't need to play.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Plus, he came back for his senior season when his stock was as high as could be after that NC performance. I think it's likely due to his nonchalant personality and lack of production.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He wanted to work on his blocking. And it's gotten a lot better because he returned.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He looked ridiculously smooth in practice. That size and athletics will be a top 20 selection. One I'm not against

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar