Mayweather KO's Ricky Hatton in the 10th.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, Hatton looked good for about 3 rounds, which is typical in Mayweather opponents, but eventually was outboxed and outlasted as he seemed too tired more than anything.
    Floyd landed some very solid punches, one that sent Hatton on his way to the canvas but before he hit his head also hit the turnbuckle piping.
    Hatton got up, but was bombarded by 4 more power punches, and upon seperation he lost his balance and never got up to finish the fight.

Hatton just looked like he realized he was completely out of his league. Both of course were class acts AFTER the fight haha. A pretty exciting fight as well, Much faster paced than the usual PBF fight. So, can anyone beat Floyd? I think the only one capable would be Sugar Shane Mosley and Floyd mentioned him after the fight.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mayweather is a great fighter hatton is just a good fighter.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Made a cool 2 grand on this fight. Thanks for doing almost exactly what I predited Floyd; you truly are the best fighter of this generation.

Why would a shell of Shane Mosley be able to beat Mayweather? The only way PBF loses if he goes up too high in weight and meets Winky Wright or someone else. That's it, point blank. Every other fighter, every style, that critics have said COULD beat Mayweather has fell on it's face after the 4th round, because he is simply in a league of his own.

4. Deuce Wayne

Shane is a great matchup because of his speed, mobility. Even though he's washed up, he'd definitely give Floyd a good fight. Floyd knows this, so I doubt he'll ever take the fight.
    I'm a huge floyd fan, and think he's unbeatable, but there are fighters that can give him a close fight. It's going to take a boxer though, not a puncher. Hatton's more of a fighter, not a boxer. Oscar was a good boxer, but too old and slow at the time of their fight. Mosley is still fast enough and smart enough to put up a challenge.
    There's a reason this fight is the biggest draw in boxing right now other than Pacquiao/JMMarquez. (while manny takes fights like david stewart. He's becoming a joke fast.)

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

FLOYD has no competition.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Mayweather really is one of the greats.

His inside defense is so slick it's unreal.Very special athlete.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's not his defense that has impressed me the most, because I have seen slicker (Whitaker for one). It is the accuracy of his counter punching that has my jaw drop, and is why he so damn successful. His tactics with the philly shell, speed and accuracy, and angles are all out of this world. Any trainer will tell you that when you can counter punch that well, not many opponents will be successful.

8. Deuce Wayne

His reflexes are what separates him IMO. He gets out of the way before the punch is even thrown, like he can see 1 second in to the future.

Here's the KO if anyone hasn't seen it:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b08_1197191585

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I also have a link to the complete fight, good quality too. Just PM me if you'd like the link.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't think Mayweather has any formitable opponents in his weight class. He's got it all. I thought, going into this fight, that Hatton would give him a pretty good fight and he did for a while but he just couldn't last. Mayweather is truly in a class of his own... All that said, it was a much better fight than the O Delahoya (sp?) fight... That was a total bore!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar