Mayweather KO's Ricky Hatton in the 10th.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Pride doesn't have money problems. Pride no longer exists, at least, not as it used to. UFC bought Pride earlier this year. If anything, that shows the popularity of MMA in the U.S. and helps the sport by putting all the "best of the best" in one league. (Except for Fedor who signed elsewhere)

I think UFC is more popular than just people's friends and relatives watching. :rolleyes:

I don't really care if people like MMA or not, but no need to be ignorant about the success it's having.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

UFC fans are WWE fans for the most part. And there have been very few pride fighters in UFC. Most their fighters are very amateur, or so it seems.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The problem with mayweather is that he has never had the opportunity to fight another truly great opponent. Corrales-castillo-judah-hatton are all good fighters but not super stars. De la hoya and now mosley are obviously past their prime.

Leonard had the opportunity to prove himself against other legends like duran-hearns-hagler-benitez all hall of famers. Mayweather has had no such opponent..

All that said he probably is the best fighter in the last 15 years along with roy jones.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

It cracks me up that they re-wrote the lyrics to Winter Wonderland for the English kid. That was enough to make me want to see him lose.

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

My annoyance at Ricky losing ,it being 6 o'clock in the morning,realising i had to walk 4 miles home in the pouring rain because there were no taxis available,soon turned to joy after i found out i had Mayweather in the 10th in the sweepstakes.£8 is better than a kick in the nuts.:thumb:

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

7. Alex1939

haha, i find this amusing. I pretty much took this topic off thread with my MMA debates and now Mayweather is saving me by talking about switching over to my "fad" sport with only "wrestling and cousin lover" fans.

Maybe if this really happened it would bring more credibility to MMA. I for one would be very interested in the PPV with Mayweather on a card for an MMA match.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

He better work on his ground skills. Striking alone will get him killed, no matter how good a striker he is.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mayweather only wants to switch over to show that MMA is a joke. He was trashing the MMA a few months back, and now he's trying to make up for it by putting his money where his mouth it.
    He says most MMA guys are those that couldn't make it in other sports - most specifically boxing.

10. Alex1939

The joke is your post, all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar