McBride is next man up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HonoluluYogi, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Exactly right. Mariani is a stop gap to whoever we bring in next year.

Personally (and this is definitely me being a homer for UT coming out) I would love it if we could get Alvin Kamara in the 4th o4 5th round next year. He has great speed and quickness and sure hands. He would also be a good change of pace back to Murray/Henry.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

it would be a nice surprise to find out McBride isnt completly useless, but I just dont see him even taking over Mariani's job

retaining possession on punt returns is huge, and Mcbride hasnt shown anything to suggest he can be trusted back there

he had his shot last year and blew it remember....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

He will be on ST, but on the giving end, not the receiving end. Fumbles are devastating.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Good unsubstantiated facts here. Mariani is #10 in the NFL KR avg. You want to give him crap about PR avg.? Be my guest, he's 18.
    The fact you say "any player" can do what he does is not true. I'll reference these Titans with every returner since Mariani's first go around here.

All that said, I agree that Patterson would be excellent replacement. Zero WR skills but a better returner.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

you also dont have to worry about a big return

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar