McBride to Return Kicks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

New returner ready: Titans rookie wide receiver Tre McBride will get his first regular-season opportunity to return kicks on Sunday against Oakland.

McBride, recently activated from the practice squad, played his first NFL game in the Titans’ loss to Jacksonville last week. Mularkey said he likes the speed of McBride, who returned 56 kicks for an average of 23.1 yards at William & Mary.

“Those are the tough guys to handle,” Mularkey said. “It’s the guys that run fast forward and take the proper angles that are difficult. … If you’re hitting (the angles), that’s a tough guy to try to stop. If we give him a crease, he can go.”

McBride, a seventh-round draft pick, said he tries to be decisive on his kick returns.

“(I’m about) speed and one-cutting, which is pretty much the standard you should use when you’re a kick returner,” McBride said. “Hit the seam as quick as you can. That’s how I run the routes and also how I run kick returns”

McBride said he will also continue to play the gunner role on punt coverage.

Mularkey said receiver Harry Douglas and cornerback Perrish Cox will both see punt-returning duties in McCluster’s absence.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Well, at least they won't have Chance Warmack back there.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yes! Yes!

I don't like how he said a returned should be one cut and go tho...wheres that leave room for all the spinning?

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Can't screw it up any worse, really. It's more important for him to know WHEN to take it out of the endzone than anything. McCluster was trying to run out every kick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol was that a shot at the team captain Mcclusters spin move?

6. 520

clusters like "I'm near the out of bounds line, the defenders are at the 25...**** it I'm goin!"

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

"Five yards and spin! Five yards and spin!"

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

only quradruple 200 in the NFL

F the Titans though right McCluster?

9. 520

was Mariani the last kick returned to take it for a td?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Reytard had one in 2012. Must have been the only thing that saved him for so long.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar